Chapter 25: Kidnap

Michaela

'For a girl with a few bags, she knows how to hide stuff.' Michaela thought as she scours the room that Willow was occupying. She was on her hands and knees, shuffling through the many bins that were stacked together in columns.

Originally, the room was a place to keep storage that was in between Emily's and Michaela's room. They moved most of their junk around and set up the inflatable mattress for Willow to sleep on. She seemed to appreciate the privacy and kept the the door locked. Luckily for Michaela, she learned how to pick locks with the help of Adrian.

She recalled that Willow came to their house with two bags. One with clothes. The other she had no idea. Michaela found the bag full of clothes and cash–a lot of cash at that, sitting beside the mattress. The second bag was missing.

Guessing that Willow hid her bag among the junk, Michaela began her search. 'Hopefully, Marcella will alert me of Willow's presence as I'm searching.' Michaela thought as she rearranges bins to get through the mess. 'If I was a killer, where would I hide a backpack in plain sight?'

She opens bins and plastic bags to see if there was anything abnormal. There were Christmas decorations, old memorabilia from high school, and a bunch of other stuff. Everything was where they were supposed to be. Michaela puts them back where she found them so that Willow wouldn't notice anything out of place.

An growl escaped her as she got more and more annoyed. There was no bag. Not even any alien contraptions that Michaela has never seen before. "Where is it?" she yelled angrily. She bangs her fists on the floor in rage.

A slow creaking noise echoed through the room. Michaela picks up her head and looked toward the source. The closet door was ajar. It was slowly sliding itself open from the shake of the floorboards. 'That door has never been able to close.' she thought as she stands up. 'I swear I'm gonna scream if that bag was there the entire time.'

Throwing open the door, she peers around the small square closet. She stood there flabbergasted. The bag sat there against the wall beside the closet. "In plain sight. Damn." Michaela said as she grabs the backpack.

Unzipping the bag, she nearly has her toes crushed when multiple items fell out. A steel cleaver, multiple knives, and pliers. They were caked in blood but barely. The weapons were cleaned hastily.

"Holy crap." Michaela whispered. 

"You shouldn't be in here."

Michaela spun around with the backpack still in her hand. Standing at the doorway was Willow . . . and Emily. Except Willow had Emily at knifepoint.

"Shit." Michaela cursed as she drops the bag. Luckily, there was still a knife inside it so she took it out as the bag fell. She got into a fighter's stance with the knife held tightly in her right hand. "Let her go, Willow." she demanded.

The younger woman glared at Michaela before she grabs at her hair and pulls it off. Replacing her black hair was shiny white hair tied up in a tight bun. The color of her hair matched the albinism in her skin. Dropping the wig, Willow retakes her place holding Emily with the knife digging into her throat. "Put down the knife and step away from my things and I think I will do just that." Willow said coldly.

Tears streamed down Emily's face as she struggled not to cry. In Emily's eyes, Michaela recognized the same fear she had when Michael held her hostage. The girl lived a normal life and now she's being held at knifepoint by a psychopath.

"Fine." Michaela said before dropping the knife.

A smirk grew on Willow's face before withdrawing the blade from Emily's throat. "Thank you." she said before she strikes Emily in the back of the head with the butt of the blade. The girl collapsed in a heap on the ground and doesn't move.

"You bitch!" Michaela yelled angrily.

"I've been hearing that a lot." Willow said bitterly before running at Michaela.

________________________________

Cody

"If I was a psychopath, where would I hide someone?" Cody said thoughtfully as he stared at two different maps. The first thing he thought of was getting a map of the layout of Michaela's neighborhood and Sarah's. Willow didn't have any other place to stay, and she has a body on her hands so she needs to hide it somewhere.

Crossing out a few places with a red sharpe, he sets his head on his hands and stares. It has been hours and it was already daylight out. His eyes were heavy and his movements were slow. He might collapse from exhaustion soon.

"She has no means of travel unless she has to pay or ask Michaela or Emily for a ride. She'll have to hide Sarah somewhere close by." Adrian said as he hands Cody a glass of water. "Thanks." Cody said without taking a sip. He didn't notice the frown on Adrian's face as he viewed the maps for the trillionth time.

"Cody, I know this is important but you can't help Sarah in this state."

"I can't help Sarah if I don't know where she is!" Cody yelled. He shot up onto his feet and got in Adrian's face. "That bitch took my mom. I'm not going to waste a second." he growled. "And you aren't going to get in my way."

Suddenly, Adrian grabbed Cody by the collar and yanks him close until they were nose to nose. "Listen boy," Adrian snarled. "I care for Sarah just as much as you do. I want to kill that bitch and I'm not getting in your way. But you're not much help if you are sleep deprived." he said. He let's go of Cody and sits down to take a look at the maps.

Cody rubs his neck, feeling as if he had a knife to his throat. He sits beside Adrian but keeps a small distance from him.

"Sarah and Michaela don't live that far from each other. If there are any abandoned houses, there might be a chance they are there." Adrian said as he runs his fingers over a red line that shows an intersection between Michaela's and Sarah's houses. "There." he said suddenly, pointing at a random street. "If I remember correctly, this street is condemned because of unsafe land."

'I'm not going to ask how he knows that. He could have an ice locker somewhere for all I know.' Cody thought as he measures the distance between Michaela's house and Sarah's. "It's a possibility. We should check it out." Cody said as he checks the address on his phone.

Just as he saves the address in his phone, his phone goes off. Emily's face appeared appeared, her picture was of her covered in cake. 'That was a crazy birthday.' Cody thought as he answered. "Hey, Emily." he greeted tiredly.

"CODY! MICHAELA'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!" Emily screeched in his ear.

"Wait what?" Cody said, suddenly wide awake. He flies off of the couch and runs to his bedroom. "Tell me exactly what happened." he said as he grabs his belt from the dresser.

"I came home from work early and Willow attacked me! Michaela was going through her things, and Willow used me as some kind of exchange to stop her! Then Willow knocked me out!" Emily said hysterically. Cody could hear her running around the apartment.

"I just woke up and now Michaela's gone!" Emily practically screamed. "I just called the police and I don't know what to do!"

Setting the phone down for a second, Cody buckled his belt and fastens his gun holster. He rechecks the magazine cases before grabbing the hunting knife that Adrian gave him. Cody picks up the phone again and says,"Im heading there now. Don't touch anything and wait for me."

He ends the call and hurried into living room. Adrian was already ready to go.

"She got Michaela. I'm going to kill the bitch." Cody growled. "Glad we're on the same page." Adrian said with a big smile.