Chapter 7: Killers

Adrian

'He's settled in nicely.' he thought as he looked around the room from his position on the couch.

At about nine in the morning, he decided to visit Cody's apartment. He knew that Cody leaves early for everything so he didn't have to worry about running into him. Not that he knew when Cody left; he's not that much of a stalker.

Adrian mastered his lock-picking skills before his mother left. His father taught him in case he was ever kidnapped and needed to pick a lock. It helped Adrian a number of times but not for escaping, it was for breaking in.

He explored the small apartment in curiosity. The furniture was the same as before back at Sarah's house. It felt very nostalgic because he hasn't been in that house in years.

'I wonder how Sarah is doing.' Adrian thought. The woman was kind to him despite the way he looks. She accepted him as Cody's boyfriend. Even Izzy accepted him. (That iguana always enjoyed his pets)

Boredom overcame him as Adrian picks up the remote and turns on the tv. 'Lets see what's on the news. I wonder if anyone has found Terence yet.' he wondered as he checks the news channel. Almost immediately, he sees the face of the man on the screen. 'Bingo.'

"Last night the body of thirty-nine year old Terrance Reid was discovered mutilated in his apartment." spoke the newscaster lady.

"Apparently very quickly." Adrian said aloud with a chuckle.

"Police wouldn't give us any details of the crime scene but the leading detective told us that it was the work of the infamous serial killer 'The Slicer'," she continued as she goes over the papers in her hands. "For those that are unaware of the Slicer's M.O: he immobilizes his victims before slitting their throats and then cutting open their backs postmortem."

'Looks like there is a leak in the police department. No reporter could get that much information by themselves.' Adrian thought in amusement.

"So far there are no leads or witnesses that could help bring the killer to justice. Police warn those to be hyper vigilant at night and when home alone." she warned as she flips her papers over to a new page. "Now onto more news. An attempted robbery happened at local shop, Aristotle Boutique."

'Oh, this'll be interesting.' Adrian thought. Pictures appear of a man in a mugshot, two other pictures were of two different women. One of them had brown hair while the other had short black hair. They were decently pretty but Adrian felt no attraction. He was more interested in the crime.

"The robbery was fooled however when the only customer present in the store had used a box cutter and stabbed the man in the neck. The wound was fatal but the doctors informed the media that he should make a full recovery."

'Box cutter? Don't most women have pepper spray or something?'

"We tried to have an interview with the customer but she refused and wouldn't give us her name."

Adrian was now intrigued. Those who refuse an interview usually have something to hide. 'I remember my first stabbing. I wonder if that robber survived.' he wondered as he turns off the television.

______________________________

Willow

She sat uncomfortably on the unfamiliar yet comfortable couch. Her eyes dart around the room she was currently in.

There were picture frames on the walls of landscapes and of people that she has never met before. A television stood on top of a shelf that had game systems tucked inside. The other furniture in the room was the couch she sat on, a coffee table in front of her, and a love seat.