Chapter 10: Second Victim

Willow

It was precisely midnight when Willow snuck out.

She waited until Michaela and Emily were both asleep. The dog didn't seem to care as it laid on the floor beside Willow on the couch. It stared at her as she left through one of the downstairs windows.

The air was colder than it was earlier. Her new jacket helped but her hands and legs were already shaking from the cold. After she closes the window shut, she stuffs her hands into her pockets and hurried off.

The last few hours were one of the most pleasant yet awkwardness moments of her life. Emily let Willow take a shower and was okay with her eating food. Willow's father would give her little food and whenever she showered . . . he would watch her. She never felt so at ease when she was able to wash her body without having eyes on her.

The food was so delicious. Just mouthwatering. Willow had never ate anything so filling.

Both Michaela and Emily didn't mind about how much she ate. They actually encouraged it when they saw how thin Willow was. The two were the most kindest people she has ever met in her life.

How would they react if they find out the truth about her?

The thought of being turned away, to be seen as a monster caused her to shake in anger. 'If they knew the truth, I would have to kill them.' Willow thought as she walks down the sidewalk. 'I just freed myself from the hellhole that is my life. I can't have anyone take it away from me.' she thought darkly.

Underneath her skin, it felt like thousands of bees were buzzing, stinging. She has had anger issues since she was a little girl. It caused her to feel as if thousands of insects were under her skin. If she doesn't ease the odd sensation, it'll drive her mad. (More mad than she already is.)

The streets no longer showed any houses but now different types of bars and clubs. Despite it being midnight, everyone seemed to be out and about.

'I'm eighteen now yet not old enough to explore how normal people go about their day . . . and night.' she thought as she slows down her steps to look at one particular club. The walls were made of glass so she could see the pulsing lights and the movement of bodies. A long line looked to be wrapped around the block.

'Is this what normal people do?' Willow thought questionably. 'If my stepfather . . . never did those things. Would I be like them?'

Suddenly, she catches the sound of voices that were close by. Her back straightened as she slowly turns her head toward the source. A group of men, obviously drunk, were loitering outside a bar called Liquors and Scars. She could see how drunk they were by their swaying and stumbling.

A familiar disgust filled her body as she viewed them. They had no care as they filled their bodies with toxic liquid.

'The last thing I need is being hassled by drunks.' Willow thought disgusted as she turns the other way and walks off.

"Hey! Sweetie!" suddenly called out someone.

'Fuck.' she thought annoyed as she ignores the man and continues on walking. 'Forget me. Forget me. Forget me.' she thought repeatedly. Her fingers slip into her jacket pocket and grabs her scalpel. If anyone tried to grab her in any way, she'll stab them without hesitation.

Ignoring the urge to fulfill her sadistic wish of killing those drunks felt as if her chest was being crushed. Her legs got heavier each step she took. The taste on her tongue dried up. It made her even angrier.

A hand grabbed her shoulder; and she was forced to spin around. Greeted by a man with a scraggly beard and bloodshot eyes, Willow nearly vomited by the sight. He had an ugly smile with yellow teeth, messy black hair, and the ruffled clothes of a businessman.

"What do you want?" Willow demanded. She could clearly see what was on the man's mind. It doesn't mean she won't use it to her advantage.

"Now don't be like that. I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?" he asked, his words slurred. He was drunk out of his mind. Perfect for the taking.

"Only if it's private." Willow said, her voice changing to a sultry tone. Her snarl turned to an inviting smile that showed no danger whatsoever.

The man didn't seem to care about her sudden change of tone toward him. He just smiles at Willow before wrapping an arm around her shoulders and leading her away from his friends. The mere touch of his skin made her stomach churned. She disguised her disgust with a smile as they walked off.

He was so drunk that he had to balance himself against Willow. Proving to her that he was too intoxicated to do anything.

"My car is parked down the street. I don't live far." he said sluggishly. 'Drinking and driving? Not your night.' Willow thought as she nodded. "I can drive. You're too drunk." she offered. 'I need to drive us somewhere else. A place where I can kill you.'

One of his hands reached down to touch her buttock. It caused her to gasp in surprise but to growl angrily. She turns her head to glare at him and catches sight of the building beside them that had caution tape and a sign that said 'Danger! Work Zone'.

'Never mind. I think I found something better.' Willow thought as she smirks. "Why not we do things in there?" she asked, gesturing toward the building. "More private." she added, trying to act all sexy and alluring.

She didn't even wait for him to respond before pushing him into the building. Surprisingly, the door was open–the door was wrapped in chains but wasn't locked up–and they were able to get inside. Willow shoves him to the ground with all the strength she had.

"Whoa! What the hell?" he yelled after he lands unceremoniously on the sawdust covered floor.

A dark look replaced the placid one she once had. It took so much self-restraint not to attack him on the streets. Now she can release all of the anger boiling inside of her.

"You picked the wrong girl to try and fuck." Willow said as she shuts the door behind her.