Chapter 6: Job and Hot Partner

Cody

His alarm went off at six o'clock sharp. But he was already awake. (Had been for the last hour.) He couldn't sleep because he was so excited for his first day of being a police officer. And a little bit worried. Mostly worried.

On the floor of his new bedroom, he did one arm push-ups. Sweat dripped down his face as he takes in deep breaths through his mouth. His muscles were straining through the ten minutes of continuous push-ups. Cody had set up a bar that hung from his closet's door frame and did forty pull-ups before the push-ups.

Through the years, he has done nothing but workout to go through the pain. The stress would go away and he can worry about it for another day. If he was stressed, scared, angry, or even worried. He can get rid of his worried just for an amount of time.

His muscles were burning when he finally stopped. Cody slowly curls his body into a downward dog position to stretch out his body. The muscles in his back strained as the bones popped. "Ah, that's the stuff!" Cody groaned. 'I have an hour till I have to leave. Better take a shower before breakfast.'

Climbing back on to his feet, his legs were screaming from how sore they were. He rolls his ankles to ease the soreness as he grabs his phone and presses the snooze button. Cody sets his phone down and looks around his room.

He and Michaela worked the entire day yesterday to unpack his belongings. First, they set up his bed in the main bedroom. It took them two hours to set the bedpost before placing the mattress on it. In the end, Marcella jumped on his bed and slept there the entire time.

The moving men came by to help them unload the furniture. They had the living room set out, even helped set the television up. Luckily, nothing was broken as they unpacked Cody's belongings.

After the men left, Cody got started on his bedroom. He places his desk on the far right side of the room, his dresser across from his bed, and a large bookshelf that was a foot taller than him next to the window. Everything was set in place before he hangs pictures on the walls. One was of his graduation from high school, the other of his eighteen birthday, and lastly, of him and his parents.

Cody stared at the picture of his parents. He placed it on his bedside table so he could see their faces every time he wakes up and goes to sleep. "I'll make you guys proud. I promise." Cody spoke to the picture before starts his morning routine.

His bathroom was decently small. There was a sink, toilet, tub, and a shower. The shower was square shaped, made of smooth granite. The tub and sink were made of the same limestone. It was rather extravagant for an apartment such as his. 'Who knows, if I ever get a promotion I can move into an upscale apartment.'

It didn't take long for the water to turn warm and he hops right in. He takes a quick shower that lasted about five minutes. His skin was sticky from all the sweat he produced. It felt like he was getting rid of sirup. After washing his body, Cody climbs out of the shower, dries himself off, and got dressed.

The uniform was navy blue with a black tie and belt. His shirt felt rather snug against his chest but not too uncomfortable. He flattens any wrinkles on his uniform shirt before pinning his badge over his heart. 'Lets get this day started.' Cody thought as he leaves the bathroom.

He makes a small yet filling breakfast that consisted of cereal, bacon, and a cinnamon muffin. 'Already miss Sarah's cooking.' Cody thought as he takes a bite of his muffin. 'At least she packed me some homemade food.'

________________________________

The precinct was only two blocks away so there was no need to take a cab or bus. Cody didn't own a car but was intent on getting one by himself. Sarah offered to loan him money to get a car but he refused. As a new adult, he wanted to manage himself.