The Hunt

They were on their way out of the door and into the fresh air of the afternoon, it was starting to cool, and the forest animals were getting a little sluggish with tiredness, the perfect time for a first hunt. They took a rout through the trees that crossed a small clear fresh stream and lead deep into the woods.

Stiles had never been in a situation like this before, he was running at to speed through the trees feeling the wind rushing through his hair. He felt like he could keep running like this for days. It was amazing to be this fast, to feel this powerful and he was off to learn how to hunt animals to obtain the most amazing food he had ever had in his life.

He was flanked by his family, his Dad, Emmett and Edward. They were following behind him save Edward, this was due to the speed boost he had because he was freshly turned, still some of his human blood in his system. They were headed to a hunting ground out side of the town's limits that they knew had at least rabbits and deer. The deer in these parts were hard to find but there were also a lot of them, they are known for breeding fast, so there was no shortage of food for the vamps. They all seemed to gather in a wooded area that was pretty old and out of the way for Beacon Hills, it was a perfect hunting ground filled with obstacles to make the chase more exiting.

Soon they reached the clearing that had three of its sides against the forest, "Okay Stiles," Edward said as the other two caught up "The animals here are fast, the deer especially. But they're also rewarding to catch, the rule is whoever catches the animal gets first bite. I suggest you stick to the trees and try to catch them by jumping down onto their backs. You would then be able to bite their necks, I would suggest putting them out of their misery before biting thought if at all possible. It's kinder that way."

Stiles nodded, he didn't want to cause them anymore pain than he needed to. His dad lay a hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. Smiling to his dad Stiles grabbed a tree trunk and began to climb, reaching the top before he knew it. Trees stretched for miles around, a mild breeze carried scents from the forest floor to him. Breathing in deeply he caught the scent of a deer and dropping down to the lower branches he motioned the others to follow him. Moving from branch to branch he followed the scent, dipping down to the forest floor and over rocks here and there.

Soon he hit upon the deer, it was quietly feeding on the grass by a big rock. Silently Stiles moved overhead and prepared to jump.

As he crept down he realised what he was about to do but, even so, he didn't want to stop. He couldn't stop.

As he fell he grabbed both sides of the deer's head and swung himself back up and overhead again using it, this broke the animals neck. He landed with a thud next to it as the others did with a nod from his dad he turned to it knelt and sunk his teeth turned fangs into its neck.

The rush from the blood was like nothing he had ever felt before, it was fresh and warm, and it had all of his nerves tingling, he felt energy rushing from the animal into him as he drank. For a first time properly feeding he did a good job keeping himself clean but there was still blood dripping from the corners of his mouth where he had failed to make a proper seal. He had drained the deer dry before he lifted his head up to look at his hunting buddies, his dad was beaming at him, Emmet was leaning against a tree looking kind of hungry and Edward was staring at him with a gentle smile. He grinned sheepishly which earned a laugh from his dad, they helped him up and soon they were back on the hunt looking for their next victim.

The next few hours were a blur, he killed three times the others picked up a few snacks here and there from the others prey, by then Stiles was full and his arms were laden with bottles to take back to their house.

On the way back was when Emmet finally pointed about the blood that had dripped down his chin "Yo Stiles, you have a bit of something right there." He said gesturing to all over Stiles face. "Don't wipe it off till you can see it, your face is gonna be priceless." He said laughing as Stiles tilted his head in confusion.

Now back at the house Stiles walked up to a mirror to see his face covered in blood, it had dripped down onto his shirt. He belonged in a horror movie, a slasher one. But the thing is it didn't look bad, it sort of suited him.

Laughing to himself he went to go wash his face, he had school tomorrow and this look could cause him a few problems. He would need a shower tonight, but this would do for now.

Once his face was clean he walked out the front door again to go for a walk, he passed the Kitchen which was now lovingly referred to at the fridge room because that it the only utensil used. He heard his uncle/brother Elijah talking to Carlisle about the merits of human blood and how they should mix some into their diet, donated of course. Stiles was surprised to see that Carlisle was actually contemplating on the clan's poor health as of late, "However we would need to find a way to help the young ones control their urges, they haven't tasted it before and I dont know how they will cope with the euphoria it will bring."

Deciding that he had done enough ease-dropping Stiles left the house and entered the Cullen/Mickleson preserve and went for a run. He was after all now a vampire they had no need of sleep and due to their large appetites had evolved the urge to keep moving and hunting. this wasn't an option, so the family tended to go on runs to try and kerb this instinct. They liked to run on their own though, and Stiles now saw why, it was comforting to be on his own for a while, he no longer got to sleep so realistically this was the first real time he has had to himself since the change. He took a long route and jogged along at a comfortable pace, to a human he would have passed them at the same speed as a train. the made hardly any sound as the wind whipped through his hair, however he needed to go further than the preserve, so he went to cross the road into the Hale's land.

That's when he stopped, looking down the road he saw more of the same orange clay he had noticed earlier, and it trailed on and off the tarmac. bending down he tried to get a sent from it with his newly enhanced nose 'Weird' he thought 'it's almost scentless. Like it was made just today.'

He picked up a bit and rubbed it through his fingers, it was smooth, nothing had contaminated it yet. Which means it is brand new.

He wanted to follow it but a noise from the Hale land made him look up sharply, the forest was eerily quiet, he stopped breathing to hear better and he threw his senses out. He found them a few meters out, they had obviously noticed him and seemed to be trying to circle around him maybe to get the drop on him. Stiles decided to wait and let them approach, see what they had to say.

When they got close enough but were still hidden by the trees he said, "Are you going to keep hiding or do you want to talk."

They all started, unaware that he knew they were there, Scott stepped out of the tree line and met Stiles on the tarmac. He was soon followed by the rest of the pack but the hung back behind their alpha. "Stiles I think we need to talk."

"Wow that's ominous." Stiles commented making everyone roll their eyes.

"Sure, but we need you to come to the loft." Scott continued.

"Umm...no, uh-uh, try again." Stiles said looking around at the group, he purposely exaggerated a sniff or two when looking at a few of them. it had the desired effect of unnerving them, he smiled showing off his new canines.

"Err...."

"Try asking politely instead of demanding, not in your pack anymore remember. Don't need to take orders from you anymore." Stiles prompted.

"Okay well will you come to the loft with us please?" Scott tried, it was tense, but it would do.

"Sure." Stiles said with his signature grin and he turned to walk down the street.