The Packs Choice

Stiles walked out of the main school building, holding his lunch in his hand. Earlier he had to run off and deal with a threat to the pack that had popped up out of the blue following Derek. He had returned, he was right now in his attic apartment talking things out with the rest of the pack. They were waiting for Stiles to arrive. 

He lifted the Thermos to his lips, tomato soup. Hahaha, his Dad got a few laughs out of that one but it had always been his favourite. Anything warm and drinkable with a strong taste was best, but that was to be expected with what he will be some time soon, he could feel it coming. His Dad was waiting in the carpark for him, he had recently bought a black truck. Sure, it was expensive but I mean come one, he had had a long time to put something by; Stiles' jeep had officially clapped out yesterday on the way home and by some universal revenge it was just after Malia had dumped him. I mean who's luck is that bad? Anyhow back on topic, he had to go to another meeting before he left town with his Dad to go visit his "family" out in Folks.

During the drive, the the sun glinted of that strange blood red jewel that was always seen around his dad's neck. When they reached the complex Stiles got out of the car and walked over to the doors taking a deep breath.

Soon he had reached the top of the stairs and was just about to walk in when he heard them talking.

"It has to be done, he is just too much of a burden." Said Derek in a hushed whisper.

"But he is useful occasionally." He heard Kira say in a rushed tone.

"I am sorry everyone but it is just too much effort and time wasted protecting him." Said Scott "You know I..."

He had heard enough, Stiles walked in to face them all, just after setting his face into a cool mask.

"Oh, you're here." Said Lydia in a shocked and guilty tone as she looked over at him.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked and managed to pull off a convincing bored tone as he slowly broke inside. Hell this hurt.

"Yeah uh sorry man but....you're out of the pack." Said Scott he looked like he was in pain but that was the furthest thing from Stiles' mind. He had shut down on the inside at this point no longer processing what was being said. Soon it was all over and he was completely cut off from the pack, he walked out the mask still up but when he walked out to see his Dad standing by the car arms outstretched having heard the whole thing he started to cry and hugged him back.

When they were back home and packing their bags, he realised one of the reasons they had tried to use was that they were going to become a lot more active during this spring holiday and didn't want him getting in the way. Well they can do what they like he was going to enjoy himself this holiday damn it.

His Dad walked in wearing a white T-shirt and light blue jeans, the gem glinted through the material around his neck. He came over and gave Stiles a side hug before grabbing his bags and putting them in the trunk. Soon the house was locked up and they were on their way. Just in time too, the gem was staring to wear off.

Soon they reached Washington and arrived in Folks. Nearing their destination, they pulled down a dirt road and trees soon became the only scenery. There was a distant howl but after living with a species of werewolves for a couple of years Stiles didn't even blink. They pulled up to a house that seemed entirely made up of windows, and of course wood.

As they pulled up the drive the front door opened and Edward walked out jogging over to them and pulling Stiles into a hug. Soon the rest of the non-related family walked out and they all hugged, what is meant by non-related is that they only call themselves a family they actually share no blood making Stiles and his Dad and exception to the rule of their species. In fact, the so-called brothers and sisters were in relationships with one another and Carlisle and Noah were only calling themselves brothers to keep the neighbours of their backs. Stiles' Dad (Noah) is in fact the oldest of everyone there and that is saying something.

Soon they were all inside and talking Emmet and Rosalie had disappeared of somewhere and Edward was telling Stiles' about his breakup with Bella, "I can't believe she chose that stinking mutt over me!" He fumed "But surprisingly I am more cut up about the fact she left me for a werewolf then the fact she left me." He finished with a sigh long since having place his head in Stiles' lap looking for comfort. Stiles chuckled and said, "I just got kicked out of my pack, ugh I feel so useless."

Edward looked over and grinned "Soon you will be stronger than any of them. How did you turn out like this anyway, I mean last time I checked we can't be born? Vampires are sterile."