I stopped fighting. "What? But he . . .Niall . . .crying . . ." I trailed off, looking at Zayn who watched me with wide eyes behind Niall. Niall stared at me, pleading silently.

"Zayn didn't do anything to hurt me. He's hurting himself," Niall spoke, his voice was strained. Zayn stood up and for the first time ever, I saw tears streaming down his face. He looked around, taking in the silenced crowd around us. He spun immediately and ran into the school.

"Zayn!" Niall yelled and sprinted after him.

"Niall!" I didn't know what was going on, but my instinct wasto not let him be alone with Zayn. I shrugged Harry's grip off of me and ran after Niall. 

"Shit. Liam, come back!" Harry said behind me, following on my heels. 

*Niall's POV*

"Zayn!" I yelled, running blindly around the hallways. I heard Liam somewhere nearby, but I ignored him. I suddenly thought of where Zayn would be. Bursting into the locker room, I yelled. "ZAYN! Za--" I stopped. He sat there in the corner. Tears slipped down his face and he held something in his hand. With a start I realized it was his knife. It moved across his forearm in quick movements. I could hear him hiss from the pain.

"No! Stop that!" he jumped and dropped the blade. His eyes met mine and I saw the pain boiling in them. "Zayn--" my voice broke and I fell to my knees beside him. "You . . .you. . . why?"

"The pain's too much Niall, I need this," he said weakly. I looked down at his arm. Fresh, red cuts criss-crossed over old, white scars. 

"Zayn, you don't need this. You don't. I know you are in pain. I know how you feel," I gripped his hand.

"No, you don't," he looked away.

"Oh, no?" I shoved my shirt up and showed him my past. The past I hated to remember. Shiny burns lined up from my waistline to my chest. Small white scars formed the word 'fag' over them. My painful past littered my body, harsh reminders of my darkest times. "You feel alone. Like even though you're surrounded by people, no one can hear you. You feel disgusted, like a freak. You hurt yourself to feel something besides a constant loneliness. You hate yourself."

Zayn's face was shiny with tears. Raw emotion glowed in his eyes. 

"But you shouldn't hate yourself. There isn't anything wrong with you. You aren't a freak. You aren't disgusting. You were made like this, you can't control it. You have to accept it. And you aren't alone. Trust me on that. You are loved. You have me and--"

"You have us," Bekah's voice ended my sentence. I turned to see Bekah, Harry, and Louis standing by the door. Harry looked grim and Louis nodded at Bekah's words. Liam stood behind Harry, his brow  furrowed, looking confused.

"Zayn . . . you're. . ." he began slowly.

"Gay," Zayn nodded.

"But--you . . .Niall?" Liam looked to me for an explanation. 

I looked at Zayn for permission and he nodded. "Zayn is in . . .love with me. He's known for months. And he's been torturing himself forever. So while he was hurting me, he was hurting himself," I told Liam gently.

Liam came to kneel beside me. "Zayn, why didn't you tell us? I wouldn't of cared," he whispered.

"I know, I should've told you, but I-I just couldn't admit it to myself," Zayn met Liam's eyes. His vision dropped down to my hand, Liam's was wrapped around it. Sadness flooded Zayn's face.

"Er, Liam?" I nudged him, motioning to our hands.

"What? Oh, sorry." he dropped my hand. "But, Zayn we are here for you."

"Thank you," Zayn breathed, his lip quivered. Harry and Louis nodded and together said,"So are we."

"Just one question," Bekah broke the silence. "How packed was that closet with all of you in it?"

Zayn broke into a smile and for the first time ever I heard his laugh.

**************************************************************************************

ASDFGHJKL. One. More. Chapter.

I can't believe this story is almost over. GRADUATION NEXT CHAPTER! WHOOP WHOOP.

So here's the thing--I can't upload the sequel UNTIL I have a title for it -.- Which I don't, so don't expct it too soon.

DEDICATION TO GEMMACOOK JUST BECAUSE SHE IS AWESOME AND I LUFF HER. Go fan her. I dare you.

The Lovely Side Notes:

I have to pee--what else is new.

Remember kids, butt sex is hazardous for your health. I call it death by doggy style.

EVERYBODY IS GAY...fivesome?

I want this story to end. UGH. It gives me ogada.

B-A-N-A-N-A

I just had my first pringle--it really wasn't worth the hoopla.

I make myself cry.

Yeahup Bekah knows how to ruin a moment xD

So here is the dealio my beautiful loves. I need 35 votes and 35 comments to upload the very last chapter of AIL. And comments just saying 'upload please' don't count. So make them memorable and make them lovely, like yourselves.

Corny much?

And don't forget to vote for me in the One Direction Undiscovered Gems Watty Awards in Best First Chapter. Best Description, and Best Overall Fanfic :D

Vote-Fan-Comment-Message Me-Stay Beautiful.xx

Bai Loves.xx-Paige