Legend of Divine Island

"There is a legend," the Wiseman smiled, "of the Divine Island, inhabited by singing Angels, where, seemingly, even the time ceases its movement. We transfer it to our warriors from one generation to another, and each and every year several brave ones stand out from the crowd, willing to find this true miracle."

"Have anyone of them achieved it yet?" the young man questioned.

"We don't know it for certain. Probably, many of them were lost on a journey to the Bridge. Possibly, some of them decided not to ascend it and turned back, but, being tormented by feelings of shame and fear, decided to never return back home, having found themselves a haven in foreign lands. Perhaps, someone, at last, has managed to pass on the Bridge and reach the Island, but whether will they decide to come back to our usual world, if they have once tasted that mysterious heavenly beauty? And, besides all other things, the very living on that Island should have transformed them so much that lots of people would certainly not be able to recognize them, renewed, even if they returned to our habitual home."

"And what is that wondrous Bridge that you have mentioned?" curiosity and genuine interest were shining in the eyes of the young warrior.

"Would you like to hear the legend of the Divine Island?" smiled the Wiseman.

"Yes!" the young man ardently answered him.

"Well, then listen and remember it well!"

***

"This Island is not marked on any of earth maps, yet it still exists. Many say that it's too majestic for the foot of mere mortal to step on its surface... others do argue that only those who have passed mysterious trials are given this unique chance and joy. Probably, someone would compare this island to an earthly paradise and would surely be mistaken, for his ideas of paradise are too superficial and ambiguous."

"And where is this Island located, in what overseas lands?"

"It's far and still close to you at the same time. And the first thing required for each of the warriors marching in a journey is the Intuition."

"And what in fact is that Intuition, and how can one find it inside himself?"

"The voice of Intuition can only be heard when the mind of yours becomes silent and heart of yours starts speaking. The first steps are always made with Intuition, therefore those who have chosen a wrong direction initially may never find the Island, even if they will have been traveling through many foreign lands throughout their entire life."

"But are those still able to once hear the voice of their Intuition, and curtail to the right path?"

"Certainly, if they will manage to suppress inner whispers of own Arrogance."

"And what happens with those who once chose the right way?"

"At the beginning of their journey to the Island, they have to pass through the Wood of Life Difficulties."

"And what is that – the Wood of Life Difficulties?"

"It's a mystical forest full of growing trees, which people have agreed to call among themselves no other way than Problems."

"And why did you call this wood mystical?"

"The fact is that every traveler sees this wood its own way. Someone cannot distinguish among a never-ending stream of trees the wood itself, while another practically doesn't see any trees at all. This wood is live, it possesses its own reason and behavior, and is capable of changing and transformation of itself according to each wanderer in compliance with his World-Outlook. That's why for some it seems as dark and gloomy, with a set of various clinging foot snags, fenny bogs, burdock, and nettle thickets, while for the rest it becomes a bright and sunny wood with joyfully-rustling trees, ever-singing birds and juicy berries, growing here and there under their feet."