World on the horizon

That was disgusting. Nay, that was terrible. Only four hours after "officially legislatively approved dates of time of rest" has passed, and all shops have been closed. Not a single one from those necessary to him worked so early... or late – whatever is proper to each one... Damn!

He needed one shop... just a single shop, trading the necessary stuff. All those twenty ones familiar to him, which he has flown by on fly-car, "have been closed due to the upcoming professional holiday of sexual minorities in accordance with the official decree of the capital's mayor". All of them!

Damn!

Such legislative citizens... such angels. Wolves in the sheepskins. Three out of twenty of these downtown-shops traded dreamcatcher, nineteen out of twenty traded "kayfan", ten out of twenty – "lisben". It's, of course, the informal statistics – according to official reports, contained in the central database of the State Department, everything was clear. Crystal-clear. Too clear to be the truth.

And these are those, who should in every possible way to "help and assist in every manner" of preservation of citizens' health... wolves in sheepskins.

And yet that very dreamcatcher has been forbidden for application, manufacturing or any use in the collateral purposes in all state's territory. The strongest possible drug, made about five years ago as a by-product of some super confidential research of scientific laboratories of Pharmaceuticals United, it was capable to change human's brain completely. Not some weak hallucinogen – it completely changed person's vision of his surroundings after the injection of only one milligram into the blood. It was, actually, nicknamed as such, "a dream catcher" – all deep layers of human's subconsciousness were revived, ten, twenty, the thirty-years-old memory came to life – all in one instant, all like a raging stream... and this was even better than VR – for no additional equipment was necessary anymore, no electrodes... human's brain could do everything – it was simply necessary to aid a little.

Who of us did not dream? And dreams of how many did come to life? This devil's drug made this possibility absolute – and you have been living through all your twenty, thirty, or forty years in these several days... in the world of your illusions, though, but was this really important? All your dreams came true – all those, provided by deep memory. And approximately a month later a human died – his brain was simply "burnt down". The brain simply did not survive.

Really, that was a very fascinating death. To die, feeling with the rest of your fading consciousness, that you are happy – for you are fulfilled. For your dreams – here they are, all in front of you, – all came to life, and who the hell cares what sort of dreams were these. To die with a blissful smile on your face...

It was supposed to be given to dying people, whose chances of survival were equal to zero. But they have miscalculated. Two-three percent of the state's population died of its usage annually – and they were not doomed. Fifty percent of these ones were not even thirty years old...

And then they sounded the alarm. And then they have published their decrees. And then they have mobilized that Liberty Security State Police Department... late. Too late.

"The love has come – die, love, oh damn!" – a phrase from the recently seen interactive movie has emerged from subconsciousness. Yet this love lived on. And internal security service could no nothing.

It's like a plague, like a pestilence – it will not stop until almost all are left dead. And these were just the florets.

***

Almost an hour has passed since the moment of the begging of his searches – and he has not even found a single shop, trading in preparations, lowering level of testosterone, adrenaline and related hormones in blood – something, that could save his body when a radio channel's video stream of information will be transmitted to his neuro-pulse helmet – information, of whose "content's purity" he has ceased to dream a long time ago. To rescue his body at the very least... he had no more hopes of rescuing his soul.