Master

"Greetings, oh great Master!" the Seeker started yelling. "I have heard a lot about your wisdom and knowledge and truly desire to become one of your devoted Disciples!"

"And won't your heart jump straight out of your chest, should I accept the offer?" the Master squinted his right eye and looked fixedly at unexpectedly found neophyte while continuing to nibble sunflower seeds. "For, you know, I have no desire to stand responsible before Gorzdrav for your breathless corpse, you see? After all, I am already on a note, for my own health is not the one it used to be in youth."

"I would surely jump out of my trousers from the joy if you take me with yourself!" assured him the Seeker.

"It's a bad karma to jump like that. After all, we are not Europe here, see? Different spiritual climate, so to speak. And who was that wise man who advised you to visit me, especially so early in the morning, aye?" murmured Master while scratching his own back.

"Destiny itself has brought me to you by tracks rarely-walked and ways inconceivable!" ardently exclaimed Seeker.

"Probably, ye found the announcement in the newspaper, aye?" Master coughed, having choked with his next sunflower seed.

"In newspaper used in the toilet for the paper!" Seeker started chattering. "I have understood finally that throw away my life aimlessly in the trash can, like an ultimate fool, I do!"

"Well, you are not the very first, and surely not the last!" Master laughed in reply. "The last little fool here in our village was Vasily."

"I finally desired to comprehend the meaning of my life, my mission, my path!" Seeker continued to chatter a tongue twister.

"Well, if you are such nimble, we can join our ways," answered Master. "Can you chop firewood, for instance?"

"I will gladly learn this lesson!" ardently confirmed Seeker. "Just make me your Disciple!"

"All right, all right, have it your way!" Master coughed another time and spat out next sunflower seed on a grass. "Grab that ax over there and go with me. I myself is too old already for deeds like that, need a fresh blood to make things shine."

***

"How are you holding your ax, silly one!" Master shouted and struck Disciple's head with a crutch. "What's the reason to hold it with one hand? Hold it with both hands when dealing a blow!"

"Like that, we should cut strenuously through burdens of our life?" Seeker looked hopefully at Master, brushing away sweat from his forehead.

"What sort of burden is that?!" Master looked shocked. "You were simply asked to chop firewood, nothing more and nothing less. What, have you eaten too much henbane to make daily routine tasks look like a feat?"

"I have consumed too much of Internet, Master!" bitterly exclaimed Disciple. "I have eaten it too much and become satiated! I spammed through forums, trolled poor children, scribbled disgusting articles in newspapers, I did!"

"Sins of yours are heavy!" Master has thrown up his hands. "And what are trolls, exactly?" he decided to specify just in case.

"Ones such as we are, Master," sighed Disciple. "Shivering creatures."

"Oh, you haven't tasted our frosts yet, dear!" Master laughed. "Not to worry, we shall cure you of this civilized nonsense, only give us some time."

"Many thanks to you, Master!" cried Disciple. "Just tell me what should I do now, I am ready for everything!"

"Keep on chopping firewood, stupid city-dweller!" Master yelled and once again laid a precise blow with a crutch upon Disciple's head.

***