My boss is a great big bag of dicks, but I got a promotion, so that's ok

I was in a meeting with Vince McMahon, The SHIELD and AJ. We were all sitting in the chairman's office, I was pretty nervous.

We were not in trouble, he just wanted to discuss some details of the storyline.

''I had something on my mind. '' He started.

Not a good sign.

''Eight-person mixed Tag team match featuring The Usos and The Funkadactyls vs. The Black Widows and two members of The SHIELD. ''

His eyes showed how enthusiastic he was.

AJ and I were scared by those girls. Not because they were stronger or something. We loved our job and thinking that Naomi and Cameron would have done anything to make us look like fools in live television, just scared the hell out of us.

The guys were not worried at all.

Even though Naomi and Jimmy were together and he was supposed to suffer her bad influence, he was still a sweetheart.

So was Jay and their whole family of wrestling legends. Including Roman of course.

''All we have to do is decide which one of you gets to be Shannon's on-screen love interest. Someone who will stay at ringside during the match and give her motivation and... stuff. Look I don't really care. ''

Then why are you doing this to me? I thought.

''The important thing is that you make it look real. You... ''

He pointed at me.

''Show authentic feelings, you don't need to look tough anymore, it got boring. ''

Seth smirked and I hit him in the ribs.

I would never refuse a segment of storyline, but was it necessary to screw my life up like that?

''What will this lead to? '' Roman asked.

''That's simple. Girls will go crazy so they won't need to act... No offense. '' Vince replied with a smug smile.

Both AJ and I had to pretend to find him funny.

Everyone started discussing the features of the match.

Dean was silent. He didn't seem to be interested in what we were saying. As soon as I noticed it, I started imagining all the evil things he could have been thinking about.

''I'll do it. ''

Dean was looking at me.

''Do what? '' Seth growled.

''I'll do what's best for business... I'll be with Shannon. '' He replied like it was obvious.

I did not see that one coming.

''Are you ser-- ''

''I told you girls would have gone crazy! '' Vince interrupted me putting his hand on my shoulder. He had already taken his decision.

We got out of the office.

Seth was probably preparing a lucid, well-advised discourse to make Dean understand he'd just made a dick move.

He perfectly knew it was as useful as cuddling a wall.

Roman looked fed-up, but AJ was a priority.

''April... '' I said in a regretful tone.

She smiled lightly.

''Just forget about everything. '' She pulled me into a hug.

I had almost forgotten how soft her hair was, not to mention how easy it was for her to understand me.

''Now go and give Ambrose an extra slap for me. ''

I smiled back at her. How could I have argued with someone like her?

I nodded and approached to Dean.

''What is wrong with you?! '' I hissed.

''C'mon, babe. You are hurting my feelings. '' He smirked.

''Your feelings are the last thing you'll be worried about, after I'm done with you! ''

''Feisty! I like it. '' He commented.

''Stop it. Right now! '' Roman barked.

''You should have consulted us. '' Seth said in a controlled voice.

''You think you could have stopped me from doing what I want? '' Dean giggled.

As I said, useful as cuddling a wall.

''Do you even listen to yourself? '' Roman asked in disbelief.

''Yes, I always listen to myself doing what I want. I find it relaxing. ''

''Anyone gives a damn about what I think? '' I asked as they were starting an argument.

''Of course I do, babe. '' Dean winked at me.

''Shut up. '' I instantly regretted the hint of a smile that appeared on my face. ''We are professionists, we can handle a fake relationship. There's no reason to fight about it. ''

Roman and Seth looked calmer, but still a little flustered.

Dean looked smug, as usual. So I slapped him.

''This is from April. Don't make me regret defending you. '' I said, then I walked away.

Now that my friends were cool (almost), I only had one problem.

'How do I tell Dolph?'