14. Thinking About You

Warm sunlight shone through a small gap in the curtains as I woke. It was Saturday morning, eight-thirty, and in that moment I felt a small glimmer of bliss. Emily lay next to me in bed, the trail of light hitting the golden, bare skin of her back so nicely. Her curls were sprawled across the pillow, ringlets lacing her shoulders. I could hear her quiet breaths, she was clearly still sleeping peacefully. 

Last night was possibly the best I'd had in a long time, and not just because of how it ended. It was great to let loose and have a good time with friends, and since I'd met Emily everything just seemed so much brighter. I was so content with how things were going and was really enjoying getting to know her. Times like these made it difficult to imagine going back to touring in just over a month; I wondered how things would change when I went back on the road, both between Emily and I, and just in my life in general. I was feeling so stressed that night in the bar when I first saw her, and I'd been so relaxed ever since. 

I couldn't resist any longer, I rolled onto my side and wrapped my arms around her slender middle, consequently pressing my morning glory against her firmly. I hummed gently, as did she as she held onto my arm and began to come round from her slumber with a little sigh.

"Hey, you," I said lowly, my voice gravelly and hoarse.

"Fancy seeing you here." She hinted at a smile and nestled into her covers. She was still sleepy yet didn't fail to show her cheeky personality. 

"How did you sleep?"

"Like a log. You?"

"Very well," I replied happily. After what felt like a long pause, I proceeded to ask, "Have you got any plans for today?"

"Louisa has asked that I tag along with her to Westfield to pick out an outfit for a wedding she has coming up."

It secretly put a dampener on my fantastic mood that she did already have plans for the day; I was hoping that we could spend the day together, but I didn't let that show.

"Harry?" She interrupted me from my thoughts. So I thought  I didn't let it show.

"Mhm?"

"What about you?" It definitely sounded like she was having to repeat herself.

"Urm... nothing." Women like honesty, right?

"I would invite you to tag along, but I get the feeling it's not really your style," she teased, peering at me over her shoulder with a challenging look on her face. "Besides, I don't think it's actually possible for you to go somewhere that high profile and not be eaten alive by fans."

Sadly, she was right.  

Sometimes I just wanted to escape this life for one day and just go out and have a normal Saturday without being mobbed and reporters posting what I was wearing, buying, eating, drinking online. That would never be my life now.

Before anything else could bring my mood crashing down, I suggested we drag ourselves out of bed and get ready for the day. Emily announced she needed to hop in the shower, and I eyed her closely as she slithered out from beneath me and perched on the side of the bed to put on her robe, she sat on the edge with her back to me and I couldn't look away from the curve of her body, granting me with just a tiny glimpse of breast before she covered herself completely and strode into the bathroom, shooting a devious grin my way as she left. I really did have to restrain myself.

I stood up and stretched out tall, making those funny dinosaur noises as you do, adjusting myself far from discreetly. I tugged my skinny jeans up and over my thighs - I would've preferred a slightly more free-flowing and loose attire, but I only had yesterday's outfit with me. My feet padded across the cold tile floor into the kitchen, raking my fingers through my tangled curls and assessing the breakfast situation. I decided I would treat us both to some pancakes, one of the only things I knew how to make off the top of my head and one of my favourite breakfasts of all time. I got started mixing the ingredients that I had been able to gather from the fridge and poured them into the pan with a sizzle. I could hear the sound of the shower running in the other room, and I kind of prayed this was an insight into my future. I tried my hardest not to picture her under the flowing water, washing her delicate skin.