8. In The Know

After I'd called a cab for Emily that night, neither of us said a lot to the other in wait. When the taxi finally arrived, she gave me a shy hug and told me thank you for the dinner, etc etc, before leaving me alone in my empty house. Seeing her behave shyly was unusual — she's normally confident and bold, not afraid to speak her mind and be assertive, but after the kiss she went crawling back into her shell and then disappeared.

I was dying to know what this meant. I was praying I hadn't overstepped any boundaries or made her think differently of me. She had kissed me back with no hesitation, that had to mean something, right?

I was on the sofa with a cup of tea when I decided to check Twitter to see if anyone had picked up on our date, mostly to take my mind off my self-doubt. I scrolled down my timeline, noticing that something to do with Niall falling over at the Masters was all over Twitter, and I chuckled to myself as I delved deeper and found myself watching a vine of the slip. Classic Niall. I bet he was mortified — he was caddying for Rory McIlroy and had totally embarrassed himself on Sky Sports.

There wasn't any obvious signs of uproar, so I decided to check People Magazine's Twitter, since they were the ones who'd started the story. Sure enough, there was a bloody article circulating already.

"Has he found her? Possible sighting of Harry Styles and his 'Girl Almighty'!

A week ago now, One Direction's Harry Styles got himself into a bit of sticky situation. The star met a pretty blonde in trendy London bar 'The Alibi' on Thursday night, and it caused a bit of a speculation. Harry told us a few days later that he didn't know of his new lady friend's whereabouts, as she'd had to rush off leaving him full of unanswered questions, and in an earlier article we suggested that the fans may well be able to aid Styles in finding his mystery girl. Boy, were we right!

Shortly after the article was published, One Direction fans — known as Directioners — started an entire campaign to track down the girl Harry had admitted he was longing to see again. A hashtag on Twitter, #FindHarrysGirlAlmighty, with a clever reference to a song from the band's album FOUR, was created by the passionate fans, and there was suspicions as to who this 'Emily' could be.

It appears the support really did spur Mr Styles on, because it was only the next day when fans reckon they caught sight of the two together in Primrose Hill. On Tuesday night, Harry's beloved black Range Rover sparked some attention as it was left parked outside a family-run Greek restaurant called Lemonia, situated in Primrose Hill, London. A small group of 1D fans waited outside the restaurant in hopes of catching a glimpse of their favourite boy band member, but were surprised when he emerged after his meal with a blonde by his side.

Our sources say that whilst Harry stopped to interact with his loving fans, his companion slipped away quietly into the shadows to wait for him in the car. Styles is known for both his lockdown on privacy, and his devotion to One Direction supporters, so we're not at all surprised by the outcome of the evening. Apparently he's quite the gentleman, and the fans have spoken out saying he was "very kind and very polite", making sure that each and every young lady got even a second of his attention. However, when asked who he was with, he told them that she was "just a friend of his", and he didn't respond when someone inquired as to whether or not she was, in fact, Emily.

Since we didn't know what this 'Emily' looked like to begin with, the photos snapped on a fan's iPhone (pictured above) aren't really much help in identifying if it really is her, but we're going to go ahead and put two and two together in saying we're pretty certain it's the same girl. In which case, a Twitter hashtag really did help a celebrity track down someone they were looking for — well done, Directioners!