6. Becoming Acquainted

Luckily for me the road outside the restaurant was pretty clear so I was able to park up right outside on the corner. I knew it was quite risky going out without a driver or any security, but I was just hoping the odds were in my favour and I'd be able to spend a night in peace with Emily - proving to her that it's not always manic being me.

I turned the car off and looked at her as the engine dulled into silence. "You're just going to leave your precious Range Rover out on the road in the middle of London?" she asked, raising her eyebrows for the second time tonight as if to challenge me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"People probably know your number plate by heart, does that not bother you? Plus it's a pretty fancy car, if I had a fancy car I wouldn't leave it parked up on the road where anyone could touch it."

"You think way too much into things, don't you?" I chuckled.

"It's a habit of mine," she shrugged carelessly.

"I've noticed," I smiled, gesturing towards the restaurant with my hand and asking, "Shall we?"

She nodded so we stepped out of the car and naturally I glanced around in order to keep my guard up as we walked towards the entrance, of course I let Emily walk ahead of me, and I have my head down just in case.

We make it inside and are greeted by a young woman behind a kind of podium welcoming people into the restaurant. I breathe a sigh of relief for some reason, taking in the wonderful Greek ambience of the place. Eventually I straighten up and turn my attention to short lady with olive skin and dark hair who was beaming at us by now.

"Hi, I have a reservation for two... under Styles?"

"Of course," she said cheerily, not even checking the list in front of her. I noticed she had a foreign accent - presumably Greek since this is a family run and very cultural place. "Nice to see you again, Mr Styles, right this way."

I felt bad to say that I honestly didn't recognise her, but maybe she'd been working here one of the other times I'd come in with Grimmy because she said 'nice to see you again', or perhaps she just knew that I'd been in before and wanted to make me feel welcome. Either way she was a very bright and happy woman.

She marched ahead of us and led us to a table tucked away in the corner. I was delighted by the awestruck look in Emily's eyes as we wandered through the cozy restaurant, she seemed to really appreciate how lovely this place was. It looked even better at night because the room was lit so nicely - the warm glow cast upon her face was lovely.

The lady pulled out Emily's chair before I could do it for her, surprising me when she pulled out mine for me as well. We took our seats and got comfortable at our table as she asked if she could get us any drinks.

I looked expectantly at Emily who was looking back at me in the same way, "What do you like? Wine? Champagne?"

"Wine would be nice," she smiled back at me politely, "Red?"

"Of course," I acknowledged. I wasn't a big wine drinker, but I'd probably agree with just about anything if it was what she wanted. "Any preference?"

"Surprise me," she suggested.

Nodding, I picked up a wine menu from the middle of the table and quickly scanned over it. The one I ultimately chose was French, thus I wasn't even going to attempt to pronounce it out loud, instead I held up the menu and showed the woman, pointing to my choice and telling her we'd have a bottle along with a jug of water.

I chose not to tell my date that the wine I'd chosen was ridiculously expensive and I'd only be having half a glass or so since I was driving, therefore I was basically just buying it for her.