Chapter 2

The Kiss on the Lips party was tonight. I was having mixed feelings about it but it should be fine.

My dress that I picked out was a short, off the shoulder emerald green dress.

I just finished zipping up my dress, my black heels, accessories, and was about to go over to Jenny's place to get ready.

"Bye dad!" I shout as I'm about to open the door.

"Okay kiddo! Be back by 12:30," he said.

"Okay, bye!" I yelled as I closed the door and headed downstairs.

I hailed a cab and told the driver the address to drive to. The cab stopped and pulled up in front of Jenny's building. I opened the front door and made my way towards the elevator.

I pushed the elevator button. It took around ten seconds going up and the doors reopened and I made my way towards Jenny's loft.

I knocked on the door and it quickly opened, revealing Jenny in her dress already.

"You're not even dressed yet?" she said.

"What part of 'coming over so we can get ready together' do you not understand." I said sarcastically.

"Oh yea, right." she said as we made our way towards her room.

As we entered her room, I see a whole bunch of fabrics and dresses lying around.

"Okay, I knew you liked fashion but I didn't know you liked it this much," I pointed out.

"I love it. It's probably the only thing that keeps me sane most of the time," she said.

"Do you guys have a bathroom I can change in?" I asked.

"Ya. It's right there by the kitchen." she said as she opened her door and pointed to where the bathroom was and I went in and locked the door.

I changed into my dress, shoes, and accessories. I came out and went back to Jenny's room. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Wow! You look amazing!" she exclaimed.

"Thank you. Help with my hair?" I said, jokingly desperate.

"Of course! What were you thinking of?" she asked.

I smiled, "Surprise me."

After a few more minutes later, Jenny perfectly styled my hair into a elegant low bun. It was perfect.

"Jenny, this is so beautiful. What are you not good at?" I asked jokingly.

"A lot of things, trust me," she said as I laughed.

"Well, lets get going!" I beamed as we made our way out the door.

The taxi drops us off in front of the party and I already see a bunch of people standing outside.

I looked over to see Blair and a few other people getting out of a limo. I nudged Jenny's arm and motioned for us to go inside.

We walked into the party and I was mesmerized by the whole scenery. It looked elegant yet had a sense of mystery to it.

"I'm gonna get a glass of champagne. You want one?" I asked Jenny.

"No thanks. Maybe later," she smiled. I nodded as I made my way towards the bar. I asked the bartender for a glass and he politely poured me one.

"Mackenzie! You made it!" I looked to my side to see Blair holding hands with a guy.

"Yea, I honestly had nothing else better to do so, " I said as I took a large swing out of my glass. I could feel Blair's eyes burning at mine.