Chapter 13

Shout out to @prettyLittleShanesia for answering the question right of who was at Mackenzies door. Here is chapter 13. Enjoy!

~

"Hey." Nate said as I stood there. Not knowing what to say. I suddenly felt the guilt stringing over me as he continued to stare at me.

"Hey.." I said awkwardly.

"Can I come in?" Nate asked as he felt like it was really awkward just standing in the middle of the hallway. I gestured for him to come in.

"I heard you were released today, so I just came to see how you were doing." He told me and I was standing there, still.

"Thanks. Look Nate -"

"I know what you are about to say." He stopped me and then my eyes widened as if he already knew. Which he does but I just don't want a repeating moment of it.

"You do?"

"Look. I'm fine with you being with Chuck. As if I told you that for the thousandth time. Look, it's cool. I don't control your heart. So if you being with Chuck makes you feel like you're wanted then, so be it." He finished.

"Nate, I did feel wanted when I was with you. I don't know. It just didn't seem right anymore. I hope we can still be friends?" I said, meaning every word that just came out of my mouth.

"That's the thing. I don't think we can," he said and I could feel my face fall.

"I'm kidding," he said and I playfully smacked his arm as we both laughed. It felt good.

"Um, I'll see you later okay?" He told me as I nodded and he made his way out the door.

~

After Nate left, Chuck arrived at my door, literally, a few minutes later. I just hope they didn't stare each other down if they ever did pass by in the hallway.

Chuck came over to the couch and started planting kisses on my neck. Then he got closer to my lips. I pushed him back with a smirk on my face as I got up sat on top of him and placed my lips on his.

Chucks hand was entangled in my hair while the other one was caressing my back. He placed me on the couch and started planting more kisses on my neck.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of a key turning. I quickly pushed Chuck off and fixed my hair.

"Hey dad," I greeted my father as I quickly fixed my hair.

"Hey kiddo. Chuck." My dad went to him shaking his hand.

"Sir," Chuck nodded.

"I was actually about to cook up dinner if you wanted to stay?" My dad offered. Why would he bring that up?

"Actually, Chuck has-"

"I'd love too," he interrupted me. I gave him a glare and smiled back at my dad nervously.

This should go well. Hopefully.