Chapter 1

"Hey, kiddo! Why don't we grab something to eat?" my dad says from the living room. I quickly run out of my room and nod my head, knowing already I'll be up to food.

My dad and I are like two peas in a pod. We always get burgers and get some coffee.

I turned on the radio and my favorite singer is singing. Of course I start to jam out while my dad is just sittin there eating his burger.

We arrived back at the loft and sit on the couch watching television.

I set my bag down and I went straight to my room until my older brother, Brad, called me. Brad doesn't do the whole homeschool thing like I do. He goes to this school on on the Upper East Side.

My dad and I are the only music people in the house. Brad likes to play soccer. While he's at practice, my dad and I just listen to records and eat.

But one day that all changed. Well for me of course.

"Hey Makenzie, can you come in here for a minute?" I heard my dad shout.

I get off my bed as I make my way to the living room. "What's up?"

"Ok, I know your not gonna like what I have to say but I'm afraid that you're going to have to go to Constance for school," he told me and I stared at him blankly.

"I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? I'm going to private school? Like with actual people?"

"Well unfortunately I can't put you through homeschool anymore. Besides it will just make more sense for both of you guys to go to private school," he said trying to lighten up the mood.

"This is so not happening," I muttered to myself as I stormed out of the room.

I hear a sudden knock at at the front door but chose to ignore it considering my dad will get it.

"Mackenzie! Someone's here for you!" my dad shouted. I groan as I get off my bed and make my way to the front door.

As I approach the front door, I see a girl with brunette hair, along with a headband. She smiles greatly at me.

"Hi. Are you Mackenzie?" she asked in a calmly voice.

"Uh yea. Who are you? I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm Blair Waldorf," she introduced herself while holding out her hand.

I looked at her hand and then back up at her as she slowly put her hand down.

"So, Blair Waldorf, who are you and how do you know where I live?"

"I have connections. Anyway, I just read about you on Gossip Girl and I was wondering if you would like to go to my Kiss on the Lips party tomorrow night?" she asked.

"I'm sorry, Gossip Girl?" I questioned.

"You haven't heard of Gossip Girl? She literally spills all the gossip on everyone, hence the name Gossip Girl. Which I don't know why she would post about you. Anyway, Kiss on the Lips?" She smiles brightly and she held up an invitation.

I take a deep breath, not really sure about this party. "Sure," I said as I took the invitation

"Okay, well if you happen to have a nice dress, please wear that or you won't be allowed in," she said with a fake smile.

"Oh I'm pretty sure that will be the least thing I'm worried about, but thanks," I said to her returning a fake smile.

Blair lightly chuckled, "Right, well hope to see you there," she said as she walked off as I closed the door and rolled my eyes. Rich kids.

I opened the envelope and read it.

"KISS ON THE LIPS- HOSTED BY BLAIR WALDORF

CLOTHING-GUYS MUST WEAR COMFORTABLE SUITS & GIRLS MUST WEAR A DRESS.

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT. Blair W."

I sighed before looking back at my dad.

"I'll be back. Going shopping," I tell him as I grab my purse and walk out.

I get out of the taxi and make my way into one of the dress shops.

As I enter the shop, I see a familiar blonde girl holding a dress up to her body.

"You know that would look better in black." I said as she turned around with her eyes wide open.

"Mackenzie!" Jenny Humphrey screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Oh my god what are you doing here? Last time I saw you was in Hudson! So how are-" she said running out of breath.

"Jenny breathe, breathe," I said laughing as I give her a hug. I look up and see a figure behind her.

"Dan?" I asked.

"Mackenzie? Hey. What are you doing here? In Brooklyn?" he asked.

"Uh I live here? And I got invited to this Kiss on the Lips party and there's nothing better to do so I'm here for a dress," she told the siblings.

"I'm going too. Blair said no but I made the invitations so it's only fair," Jenny said.

"Yea, Blair came by my place for god knows why but might as well go," I said.

"Why don't you come by our place and we can go together?" Jenny suggested as she wrote down her address on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Sure, that's great! Well I should probably go find a dress for this thing. I'll see you then," I said and waved bye to them both.

Hello Everyone!
I'm choosing to edit this whole book because as I was re-reading it I didn't like it at all considering I started this book when I was like 12 and now I'm almost 19 so yea.
I hope you guys like the changes!