Chapter 7

Its been about a week and a half since I had the conversation with Nate in the limo, and right now I am about to do some shopping.

I'm with Serena and we were in a limo on our way to the Upper East Side, but she had to come and pick me up from Brooklyn first.

Buzzzzzz.

My phone buzzed. I looked at it and it was from Nate.

Nate: where are you?

Me: I'm on the way to the Upper East with Serena. Why?

Nate: I just miss you.

Me: I miss you too babe hey I have too go, I'll text you later.

Nate: Ok, I love you.

Me: I love you too.

~

As we arrived at the East Side, there were alot of papparazi around flashing their cameras right in our faces.

"They probably read what was on Gossip Girl." I heard Serena say over the clicking of the cameras surrounding us.

Serena and I made our way past the paparazzi and into a clothing store.

"What was on Gossip Girl?" I asked her. She got out her phone and showed me the news.

'Well well.. looks like Little M and Mr Bass were getting pretty cozy this morning. Looks like Nate Archibald has some competition. Wish you luck!

xoxo- Gossip Girl.

There was a picture.

"What? How did someone even get this?" I was really angry. What if Nate saw this? What will happen?

"Probably security footage? I don't know." Serena said. "How about we go shopping to get your mind off it?" I nodded as we started looking around.

~~

The black car drove Serena and I home. I went into the elevator and went to the condo.

I opened the door and found my dad passed out on the couch. I shut the door and that's what woke him up.

"Hey kiddo. When did you get back?" He said sounding tired.

"Just now. I'm about to head over to Nates. I'll be back in time for dinner though." I smiled at him while heading to my room to put my bags down on my bed.

"Ok. I was thinking of going out for dinner if that's ok with you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yea. That's fine. I gotta go. Love you!" I exited the place.

~~

I arrived at Nates apartment and it was silent. I checked his room but he wasn't there.

"Nate?" I yelled out.

"Do you wanna explain?" I hear him. I turn around and he was at the bar.

"There's nothing going on between me and Chuck. Ok. Nothing." I walked over to him. He took a sip of his drink.

"Look Mackenzie, I am not gonna be in a relationship with any lies. This is your last shot to tell me or.." He trailed off.

"Or what?" I started tearing up.

"Or I'm done." He low whispered.

"Fine. You wanna know?" I yelled out. "The night of the Kiss and Tell party when me, Serena, and Dan saw Chuck trying to get all over Jenny, he didn't know who I was. Suddenly he started looking for me and finally at the masquerade ball, he found me. He came up too me at the ball and telling me that I'm the one he's been been looking for and what not. Ok? Is that what you wanted to hear?" I yelled at him with a lot, and I mean a lot.

"Mackenzie I-" I interrupted him.

"No. I don't want to hear it anymore." I hurried to the elevator. Right when I hit the button, the doors started to close and Nate trying to get to the elevator.

But it's too late. I slid down the wall, and cried my eyes out. I don't know why he didn't believe me when I told him there was nothing going on between me and Chuck.

I quickly exit the building and started walking the sidewalks. I came across this beautiful stream with a few trees and it was just a beautiful sight.

As I got closer, I hear footsteps behind me. I turned around.

"What are you doing here?"

~~

hey guys. please send me suggestions for this book, cause.. I got nothing 😂 anyways love you guys.