Chapter 9

I see two figures as I approached the light that was ahead of me. I squinted my eyes trying so hard to figure out what it was.

Then it became clear.

"Mom?" I spoke. Me sounding like I could barely even talk.

She became for clearer the more she came forward. Wow. She still is really beautiful.

"Makenzie. You need to stay dear." She spoke. I was confused. Why did she want me to stay?

"Why? It would be less painful and more easier if I just go with you." I confessed.

"Because. Your dad needs you. Nate and all your friends need you. Chuck needs you." I gasped. Thrown back by her words.

"Chuck? Why does Chuck need me?" I asked her and she slowly started to fade away.

"I think you know why honey." It was to the point where she was barley even there.

"Wait! Why does Chuck need me?!" But it was too late she's gone.

~~

Nate POV

I looked at her as her eyes began to slowly open.

"Hey." I told her as I kissed her forehead.

"Hi?" She told me confusingly. I tired touching her forehead but then she backed away.

"Mackenzie. It's me. Nate. Your boyfriend?" I told her she still looked really confused.

Then a smile rose upon her lips. She giggled.

"Hello Nate. I'm just messing with you." She laughed but barely though.

I looked at the bruises on her head, and on the side of her cheek. The doctor stitched her left side of her forehead.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" She scrunched her eyebrows.

"For not being the guy you want me to be." I told her honestly.

"Nate. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you have to change for the other person. They should love you for who they are. And I love you for who you are." Her eyes started tearing up.

"Hey..why you crying?" I held her hand.

"I didn't want this. What did I do to deserve this?" She told me. I wiped her tears of and and kissed her hand as I held it.

"You're right. You didn't deserve any of this. But you know who you are?" I asked her.

She shrugged.

"You are Makenzie Christensen. You are a fighter. I love you so much. Nobody would more confident in this position than you." She smiled at me.

"Come here." She said gesturing me over to her.

We both leaned in and gave each other a passionate kiss.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too." She said back.

~~

srry for the short chapter. don't hate me. please.

I love you guys and let's get to 5k.

We're almost there!❤️