chapter 16

Kratos pov.

I stared between Arteus and the new being in the world tree room. My boy and I had just returned from spreading his mothers' ashes in the giants world. We came back to find a winged woman helping a man with a scarred face. He stared right at Arteus with a twitchy eye. "There's no need for that kinda language." My boy said irritated. The man glared a bit before turning to the winged woman.

"W-w-where?" The man stuttered out with a look of frustration before rubbing his throat.

"You're in Midguard." Mimir said as I walked over and grabbed him. I attached him to my hip as the winged woman stared in awe.

"You just carry him?" The woman asked as I nodded. "That is so unsanitary! He could get so many diseases!"

"Thank you! Finally someone agrees with me!" Sindri said happily as I rolled my eyes.

"oh shut up!" Brok said as he turned and walked back to his forge and started hitting on steel.

"Uh I'm sorry but who are you?" Arteus asked the woman.

"Oh I apologize." The woman said a bit red. "I'm Angela Zeigler. This is my companion Ryan." She gestured to the scarred man. "We come from a different dimension."

"Are you Gods?" I asked starting to grip my axe.

"No we're not." Angela said as the man tried to grab something but went wide eye and got a pissed off look. "What's wrong Ryan?" She asked him.

"Gun?" He asked his voice sounded of gravel and steel rubbing one another. Angela went wide eye.

"You don't have yours?" He shook his head no. "This could prove problematic."

"What's wrong?" Arteus asked her completely ignore Ryan.

"it's my companion. He left his weapons in his world by accident." She said as I heard the banging of steel stop completely.

"Did I hear someone say they need a weapon?" I looked over at Brok and Sindri as they looked at one another with a smile.

"Yes my friend would like one."  She said as her wings flared out a bit.

"Stop." I saw holding out a hand. Everyone stopped what they are doing and looked at me. "How can we trust you?" The man let out a silent laughter. "What did he say boy?"

"He said..... you shouldn't trust me." Arteus said with an air of caution in his voice.

"Ryan!" Angela said smacking his shoulder. "I apologize he has a very..... horrific past." She said.

"How?" I asked.

"He said he is the doom slayer of hell." Arteus said. "But I thought that no living mortal could live in hel?"

"Wrong one boy." Mimir said with a sigh. "Boy is Odin going to have a field day with this." Mimir muttered.

"What do you speak of head?" I asked pulling him up to my head.

"Well when Tyr was traveling from different realms it was said that one day he went to a realm worst than any known. Filled with the hottest fires. The bloodiest screams. The cries of the dead. He went straight to Odin telling him of this realm and they should prepare for the day that this realm invades ours. That day came long ago. A portal opened right where we are standing now. Out came men in Metal with swords fighting these monsters. The battle lasted long and harsh but in the end with the help of the gods they pushed the monsters back only having one casualties on the metal men's side." In a flash the head was taken from me and I saw that Ryan was staring into mimirs eyes in disbelief. "WOAH PUT ME DOWN!"

"B-b-bo-od-dy? W-w-here?" He asked in desperation and need nearly covered by his gravely voice.

"If you put me down I'll have Kratos take you there." Mimir said as he was soon thrusted back in my hands. "Well aren't you an eager one."

"Is he ever like this?" I heard Sindri ask.

"Never." Angela seemed to respond.

"Very well. Show the way head." I growled as Mimir started giving direction back down to tyrs vault.

"Why are we going this way head?" I asked in irritation.

"Because before Odin could take the body Tyr hid the body in one place no one knew. The vault." Mimir said as we arteus ran ahead of us to the sand bowl. As the boy started to trace I looked over at Ryan and saw him with looks of relief, worry, fear, anger, guilt, and longing. I recognize it as a look of losing a loved one. I set Mimir next to Arteus who got the point. I walked to Ryan who stared right at me.

"Did you know the fallen warrior?" I asked as he nodded yes. "Was he close to you?" He nodded again.

"My s-s-son." He wiped a tear away.

"I know the feeling. May he have a fruitful after life." I said before Ryan started to tear up more. "You did something?" He nodded yes. "You tried to bring him back to life?" Ryan nodded.

"B-b-et-t-rayed my men. H-h-helped m-mons-s-sters. B-b-et-t-rayed by m-mons-s-sters." He said his gravely voice slightly getting better.

"You were tricked into thinking you were saving the one you loved but they used your loss as a way to take something else from you." I concluded as the elevator stopped. I grabbed Mimirs head. "He will forgive you." He nodded sadly before looking up and going wide eye. He ran past me at full sprint and up to a suit if armor that wasn't there before.

"There it is." Mimir said. Ryan seemed to zone out his hand tracing the armor as an old warrior would do. His hand stopped when it got to the helmet. He shakily lifted it to be met with a rack. He held it in his hands and put his forehead against the helm in a sense of respect. Something started glowing green in a pile of weapons. We looked over just in time to see a sword fly out and into the hand of Ryan who's eyes were green.