Summer Training Camp 1/2

Start from the beginning

"What did she do this time?" he asks in a teasing manner. I smirk and push his face away from me.

"Don't worry about it. Now let me have the window seat."

~

"Why did we stop here? There's nothing nearby," I wonder aloud, stretching my arms above my head and looking around. We were on a corner in the road, a bit high up from the ground. Two adult women appear from inside a black car and they introduce themselves as the wild wild pussycats. I can't help but snicker at the name.

Midoriya was fangirling- I MEAN FANBOYING. DEFINITELY FANBOYING.

"They specialise in mountain rescues! This year will be their twelfth-" he says, then gets cut off as the blonde lady grabs his face threateningly.

"I'm eighteen at heart, you hear? Eighteen!"

"Alright, you're eighteen!"

"She sounds desperate..." Eijiro and Sero say next to me. I laugh. I'll admit, I was looking forward to this training. Denki sidles up beside me and nudges me with his elbow, obviously trying to get me to look at something. I look up and notice class B's bus driving past ours, not even looking like it was going to stop. I catch Monoma's face in the window and he was laughing maniacally, his eyes crazed as he stares us.

"What's up with that?" I ask, staring after them. Suddenly, it hits me like a bunch of bricks falling directly on my head.

'Oh for fucks sake,' I think, swiveling on my heel and dashing towards the bus. Other people around me seemed to pick up on what was going on and ran with me but the blonde leapt over our heads and prevented us from escaping, pressing her gloves to the ground. A tremor rocks the earth and suddenly, we're falling through crumbling rocks. I cry out in surprise and feel someone's arms wrap around me, protecting me from the fall. We collide with the ground and I feel a bit disoriented for a moment but quickly scramble to my feet.

"Ah, sorry about that..." Denki mutters. I realise he was the one who protected me and instinctively feel bad.

"Thanks for protecting me." I say, helping him up and looking around. We had fallen right to the bottom of the cliff and were faced with a deep forest, light filtering through the leaves. It looked rather nice, to be honest. As our classmates dust themselves off and look around, Mineta dashes forwards, holding his crotch. I sigh and facepalm as he almost disappears through the tree trunks, then snap to attention as what seemed to be a giant dirt monster steps forwards and raises its claw threateningly over Mineta.

"Kind animal of the forest, please calm yourself!" Koda shouts, rushing forwards with outstretched arms. I was a bit surprised he spoke and couldn't move fast enough to do anything. The creature didn't listen, swiping downwards, and the only thing that saved Mineta was Midoriya's quick thinking. He swept Mineta away from the danger faster than I could blink.

"What even is that?" I ask, dashing forwards and leaping onto the animal's back. Aizawa had allowed me to bring my scythes, on the condition I wouldn't use them unless absolutely necessary. Now, I slid them into my hands without a moments hesitation, driving the points into the monster's head.

I expected that to be it, but the monster just turned to look at me and slowly raised a claw to swipe me off, impeded by the trees around us.

"(Y/N), move!" Sero shouts, then shoots his tape towards the creature. I draw my scythes out of the thing and leap away, digging one into the nearest tree and hanging there as he immobilizes it. Kirishima darts forwards and starts hacking away at it, not stopping until it's little more than a pile of dust. I climb down and stand next to him, staring at the pile.

"Do you think that was one of the pussycats' quirks?" I ask, nudging the dirt. It falls over rather unimpressively.

"Yeah, probably. Are you okay?" he asks, nudging my shoulder with his own.

"It'll take more than some dirt to hurt me." I grin, nudging him back. He smiles, then suddenly tackles me. I hear a crash and see a fist made of dirt where we were just standing, belonging to another monster.

"How many are there?!" Sero shouts, already shooting tape again.

"Just focus on getting through! The camp centre was at the end of the forest!" Midoriya shouts, taking initiative. Katsuki glares at him, then grabs my collar and drags me to my feet.

"Hurry up, nerd!" he calls to me, using his quirk to propel himself forward. I grin and my scythes slide into my hands again, dashing after him and slicing the legs of the beasts as I pass.

~

We did it. We finally made it to the end. I was honestly feeling like I could just fall over and sleep right then and there, I was so tired. I sigh heavily and stagger, almost losing my footing, then recover.

"Took you long enough!" the blonde hero shouts, her hands on her hips. At that point I literally just fell over, faceplanting in the dirt despite my best efforts to stay upright. She laughs at me and I sense someone else sitting beside me, followed by another until at least half the class is resting.

"Get back up. You're not finished yet." Aizawa instructs, and I have to grudgingly obey. It takes me a while, though. I sigh again and half-listen as the heroes tell us where to go and what we should be doing. Our first job is to unpack our camp gear and bring it to our rooms. After we do that, we eat dinner and then are allowed to go to the hot springs.

I sigh as I slip into the water, wearing the illusion of clothing even though I was naked. I stayed as far away from the others as I could, feeling extremely uncomfortable, then hear Iida shouting something about "indecency". My mind wanders and I find myself thinking about Eijiro.

'He's naked right now. Just beyond that wall.' I think, staring at the wood. My mouth curves into a slightly perverted smile that I quickly hide, washing myself and then getting out. I grab my clothes and dress myself, then find my way back to my room. On the way I pass Koda, who I smile to, and Mineta, who got kicked out early for some reason. My mind flashes back to that indecency comment I heard Iida yelling about and I connect the dots.

I settle into my sleeping bag but can't find any rest for about half an hour, so I go outside and walk through the gardens for a bit. Moonlight filters through the trees and, shivering, I find myself wishing I had brought a jacket.

"Why're you out here, you little shit?" a familiar voice snarls from behind me.

"Why hello there, Katsuki." I say, my shivering stopping immediately. He clicks his tongue and speeds up until we're walking side by side. Now that my surprise had passed, I felt the cold again and started walking faster, looking forward to going inside again. Katsuki growls and grabs the back of my shirt, drawing me towards him again and then literally throwing his jacket over me.

"You could've just given it to me like a normal person." I say, accepting it. It was surprisingly warm.

"Shut up, idiot." he says, his hands stuffed deep in his pockets. When we finish the walk and go inside again, I take off the jacket and hold it out to him. He mutters something under his breath.

"What?" I ask, still holding it out.

"I said keep it!!" he shouts, then swivels and stalks away. I stare after him, confused, yet knowing exactly what had just happened. My face falls and I walk into my room, draping the jacket over my bag and crawling under my blanket. I lay still with my eyes half closed for a while, waiting for sleep to claim me, but it took hours. Long, long hours.