3. 'Reminscing Memories'

"Ok then, I'll take your leave now" she stood up and handed over her card to Bunty too.

She walked towards the door, but turned back to say, "I'll wait for your call Mr Dixit. And I hope, your answer would be Yes!!" She smiled and left, closing the door behind her.
****************
"Yeh toh haddh hogayi!!! Dev Dixit wahan shop mein khade the aur tune unhe pehchana bhi nahiin??" Riya asked surprised

"Yaar tu bhi kammal karti hai. Main toh soch bhi nahiin sakti thi ki itna bada industralist ek flower shop mein khada hoga" Sakshi replied, thinking over the incident

"Hmmm...yeh toh hai. Phir kya hua??" asked Riya curiously

"Kya hona tha?? Jab main unke office pahunchi toh meri toh bolti band hogayi. Lekin sirf main nahiin, woh bhi bohot shocked the. Aise dekh rahe the jaisi ki koi bhoot dekh liya ho" answered Sakshi

"Kya yaar tu bhi. Accha dekh!! Main tere liye tera favourite gajar ka halwa layi hun. Khaa ke batankaisa hai" and handed over the tiffin to Sakshi

"Thanks Riya. Tu meri pasand ka kitna dhyaan rakhti hai aur tune banaya hai toh accha hi hoga naa" Sakshi smiled and kept it in her plate to eat.

"Accha yeh bata, tujhe lagta hai ki tu Dev Dixit iss biography ke liye ready honge? Tu toh keh rahi thi ki bohot logon ne koshish ki par aajtak unhone kisi ko haan nahiin ki"

"Aaj tak unhe meri jaisi mili hi nahiin hogi" Sakshi said proudly and relished the halwa.
*************
Dev reached his house and walked absentmindedly towards the stairs. He no longer called his house a home, cause there was no one to fill it with love and care. Ravindra had passed seven years back and with Asha passing away last year due to massive cardiac arrest, he had no one in this entire world to call his own.

He went to his room and switched on the lights. Empty room. Empty house. And Empty Life.

He took a few steps ahead and stood in front of Sonakshi's large potrait that hung on his wall.

"Happy Birthday Sonakshi" he whispered, caressing her face in the picture.

Today had been a long day. He was emotionally worn out that day. From an accidental meeting with Sonakshi's look alike at the florist to her coming over to his office and introducing herself as Sakshi had really disturbed him. He went to the balcony to breathe some fresh air and recalled the days, had spent with Sonakshi.
***********
FLASHBACK (Chapter 3 of Love Till Eternity)

Both were lost in their thoughts and bumped into each other.

Sonakshi: "Ahh...."(rubbing her forehead)

Dev was startled and immediately looked up to see her.

Dev(coming forward): "Am sorry Sonakshi....mera dhyaan nahiin tha...aapko zyada chot toh nahiin lagi??"