iii。blind

CHAPTER THREE

THE air is in turmoil, Yoongi thought, feeling the wind whipping around his hair viciously against his face. A sigh left his lips and he looked over to see the dirty blob of the suspect being hauled away in a squad car. If it weren't for his abilities another person could've fallen victim to his nastiness. He had to thank Namjoon for listening and trusting him later, but right now he had another matter to attend to.

He turned to the direction of the ambulance that showed up. He knew the kid was sitting in the vehicle, probably with a blanket around his shoulders and a vacant look to his eyes. He knew it was a possibility but that was the issue. He was relying on assumptions. He knew the college student's name was Park Jimin, aged twenty-one. That's because he heard him say it to Namjoon... and that's all he knew about him.

"Something the matter?" A hand was placed on his shoulder and Yoongi looked to see Namjoon's red, Namjoon's stats and numbers. Intelligence 96%. Charisma 84%. Social Awareness 92%. Yet he looked back to the ambulance and saw nothing. A blank canvas... hell, he couldn't even see a blob in the form of a person, let alone the color red.

"Take me to that college boy," Yoongi asked.

"What? You can't walk over there yourself?"

"There's something I want to test out." Without any further defiance Namjoon guided Yoongi over to Jimin. Maybe it's just the distance that's affecting it. If that were the case, though, he wouldn't be able to know that the ambulance was at half a tank and in need of a tire rotation and oil change. Distance wasn't an issue, it was just the boy.

"Park Jimin," Namjoon said. "I see you're doing well."

"Yeah, I'm just a little shaken up," the student replied. "Thanks to you, though. You saved me." Silence overtook the three until Namjoon nudged Yoongi.

"He's talking to you, Min." Yoongi froze. He absolutely could not see Jimin.

"Oh, uh, yeah. No problem."

"How'd you know? Your timing couldn't have been more perfect."

"Well..." Yoongi's mind was spinning the longer he stood. He took a quick glance around and saw a bunch of outlines, of numbers, of the shade of red but when he returned to where Jimin was supposed to be sitting...

"Min Yoongi here is a very special detective. He can see a bunch of things in his mind."

"Woah, really?" Yoongi nodded, trying to return to his senses.

"I just wanted to check on you. You appear to be okay so I bid you farewell," Yoongi stared with a bow, quickly leaving the area. He heard Namjoon's footsteps following behind him at a quicker pace to catch up.

"What the hell was that, Min?" Yoongi turned to look at his partner. Worry 45%. "You freaked the kid out even more than he already was."

"Did I?" he asked. "I couldn't tell."

"What do you mean you couldn't tell? It was written all over his face! You would've seen how weird you were making him feel, why didn't you stop?"

The blind man looked down, his fists clenching in frustration. He didn't know what was going on or how to explain it properly. He could see everyone else and he could see the outlines. His second sight was his only sight which helped guide him through the world. So, when he couldn't so much as even see a shade of pink coming from the college student, it made the detective go into a panic mode.

"Namjoon... I want a full report on that kid," Yoongi demanded quietly. "Something isn't right."

"A report?" Namjoon questioned with a raised brow. "Can't you look at him and find all your answers."

"No. I need the report so I can see him." Yoongi looked up, a desperate expression on his face. "For some reason, I can't view him."

Namjoon was in shock. His gaze met with the college student's and then returned to Yoongi. "No way... you're telling me you can't get a read on him?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I can't read him, can't read information or stats. I can't even see him. No outline, no red. That's why I asked you to guide me to him. I couldn't find him myself."

"This is the first time this has ever happened... I'll get that report for you, no more questions asked."

"Thank you." Namjoon left and with one last glance towards the area that the kid was, Yoongi got into the squad car, the driver leaving finally towards Yoongi's home.