I know your sister turns everyone on

Start from the beginning

Calum continued on, rambling about his weekend, but Luke had zoned out. The senior boys were walking past, and Luke had never felt more like a bottom in his life (except for when he saw them last week, as well). Luke didn't really like all of the boys, rather, just one.

Ashton Irwin

Ashton was a sculpted, golden angel with floppy curls and dimples in his cheeks. His biceps were the size of Luke's legs, and his thighs were thick and muscular. He had huge hands with long fingers to match. When he walked by, the whole room would smell of aftershave and sandalwood.

The whole scenario tended to intoxicate Luke.

To top it all off, Ashton was nice to most everyone. He was polite to adults, great with little kids, and smarter than anyone Luke has ever met in real life. Of course, he didn't know Luke existed, but that was all fine. Luke knew Ashton existed, and that was enough for him for the rest of his adult life.

"And so I said—you're not even listening are you?" Calum cut himself off, snapping his fingers in front of Luke's face to pull him out of the trance.

"God, I wish he would let me suck his cock." Luke said, unaware he was speaking out loud.

Calum laughed and hugged his best friend's side. "Oh, Lucas! You horndog! Why don't you just ask him out?"

"Fuck no. Have you met me, Calum?"
The whole idea made Luke frustrated. If he tried to ask Ashton out he'd end up stuttering or saying something inappropriate. Besides, the older boy was too perfect to be gay.

Luke was fine with daydreaming.

"Yes, I have. You're a cool guy. You like good music, you play guitar, and you're cute. What's there to worry about?" Calum grabbed his things and motioned for Luke to follow him to class.

"He doesn't know I exist? He's not gay?" Luke asked, sassily whisper-shouting.

"You never know, Lu. You never know."

So Luke sat in class, doodling Ashton's name across the top margin of his notebook paper. He started to imagine a fantasy world where Ashton wanted to be his boyfriend. A world where someone knew he existed. A visible Luke.

The chemistry class went on methodically. Luke was convinced he could hear his own heartbeat. Lacy was sat across the room in a huge group of guys. They weren't paying attention to the teacher. They were asking Lacy about the game and whether or not she would be there.

Luke lived in a high school movie.

After elements, atomic weights, and formulas, Luke's class was over. And he was allowed to go to his free period. Luke spent this period in the library everyday. He was supposed to be studying, but he used that time each day to scroll on his phone (or look at Ashton whichever is cool).

Luke had a schedule for where he should sit during free period if he wanted to see Ashton. Sometimes, Ashton would choose one of the loveseats by the front desk to read, and other times he would play games on his phone at a table directly beside the nonfiction books. If Luke sat near the biographies, he would get a perfect view of Ashton's toned arms and handsome face.

Free period was Luke's favorite period.

Today, however, something was off.
Ashton was not in either of his usual spots. Luke couldn't spot him anywhere. He was so disappointed.

He let out a soft sigh, and hung his head low. Settling for a boring scroll through Twitter, Luke couldn't help but feel that today was going to be a horrible day.

Reading all of the news on his phone, Luke had blurred out his surroundings. He hadn't notice a figure walking towards him. A figure with a plan that would change Luke's day.

"Excuse me?"

Now, where did Luke know that fucking voice. It was a very manly—
Luke's eyes darted up, and he couldn't stop them from widening. His heart rate picked up. He hoped he looked alright. Ashton Irwin just asked for his attention. Ashton Irwin was acknowledging his existence.

"Oh...hello? What's up?"
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Ashton smiled at sat down in front of Luke. "I was wondering if you could take this note from me. I'm really busy and—"

Luke felt his heart sink. This was for Lacy. Ashton wanted Lacy and not him. How could Luke be so foolish? "No, no it's fine. I'll give it to her."

Before he could cry, before he could embarrass himself, Luke nodded to Ashton and quickly grabbed his things. He all but sprinted out of the library and into the bathrooms.

Of course, this is what Ashton wanted. Of course, Ashton was straight. Luke was an idiot. Luke was nothing compared to his sister. Invisible. He locked himself inside of a stall and crouched down into a sitting position. He fumbled with the note, thinking of tearing it apart.

Luke was so mad the he decided he was going to invade Ashton's privacy and read the stupid note. Written in blue, scribbly ink:
I have been watching you from afar for a long time. You're so cute. I know your sister turns everyone on, but I kinda like you best. We should hang out sometime. Let me know.
-Ashton xx

Luke rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. He held the note up to the light. He brought it close to his face. The words were real. It wasn't a dream.

Ashton Irwin thought he was cute. He wanted to hang out with him.
To say that the day went better for Luke was an understatement. He didn't even mind the ride home with Lacy because he knew tomorrow he was going to speak to Ashton, and they were going to make plans to hang out. That is, if Ashton forgave him for being a jerk.

The next day, Luke walked into the library at the same time he did everyday. He set his books down and looked around for Ashton. When he saw that Ashton was on the loveseat he felt relieved.

Slowly, he made his way over to the older boy. The note was folded neatly in his hand.

"Um...hello?"

Ashton was on his phone, and when he looked up he smiled sadly at Luke. "Hi, Luke."

It felt so surreal to hear his name come out of Ashton's mouth.

"Hey, um I'm sorry about yesterday. I was a total jerk. I thought you only wanted to talk to me because of my sister." Luke said, carefully sitting beside the older boy.

Ashton's eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. "But, I'm gay?"

"Well, I didn't know that. Now that I do, I'd be happy to take you up on that offer."

Hazel eyes met the pools of crystal blue in front of them. The two shared a sweet smile.

"Really?" Ashton asked, leaning forward.

"Yeah," Luke smiled, "As long as you don't mention Lacy."

Ashton hummed, and a blush crept along Luke's neck and toes.

"Why don't I start by giving you a ride home today?" Ashton asked, his knuckles brushing Luke's.

"Um yeah, I'd love that."