Chapter 9

Camila’s POV

There was a huge hype at school today about two new students. We don’t get new students often, and girls were already talking about how cute the guy was, and boys saying how hot the girl was. It’s like the new students are a new toy that they all get to play with, and then throw away when they get bored.

I hadn’t had either of the new students in any of my lessons so far, and I’m quite disappointed. It would be cool to get to know some new people.

I got to lunch, the new students still being the only topic. It’s kind of funny to see how people react to these situations. It’s like they have never seen another human before.

I sat down with my friends at our regular lunch table, and we said our hello’s.

A few minutes later, I felt hands over my eyes, and prayed to god it wasn’t Morgan. She’s not done anything today, and I want to keep it that way.

“Guess who,” was whispered in my ear. It definitely wasn’t Morgan, but this voice sounded familiar.

The hands were taken away from my eyes and I turned round quickly. In front of me was my girlfriend! Her simple beauty captivated me.

“LOLO!” I shouted.

I stood up, and jumped on her, wrapping my legs around her waist, and inhaling her sweet scent.

We leant back from each other, and I looked into her emerald green eyes for the first time in real life. We leant in and our lips collided, in a rush of passion. I felt the sparks and fireworks erupt from the place where our lips were connected and flood throughout my body. I was finally where I belonged, in my love’s arms. She pulled away blushing slightly and then my cheeks tinted slightly pink too, realising where we are. I got down from her, and almost fell while doing so. I ignored it, and pulled Lauren to sit down with me. My friends looked shocked, as to me having made out with an apparent stranger.

“Guys,” I addressed my shocked looking friends. “This is Lauren, my girlfriend. Lauren these are my best friends Ally, Dinah and Normani.” I introduced.

“Hi,” Lauren said, seeming quite shy.

“Hey,” they all replied back to her.

“Chancho, why did you not tell us,” Dinah asked me looking hurt.

“Well, you see, we didn’t meet in the most conventional way.” I told her, feeling guilty.

“Well, how did you meet, Mila?” Normani asked.

“Urm, we met on tumblr.”

“What? Camz that could have been dangerous,” Ally said.

“But it wasn’t. Lauren is very much who she says she was.”

They all appeared to relax, and I spoke to my Lauren, finally in person. She had known she was moving here for a couple of weeks now, but wanted to surprise me. I let her know that she had succeeded and that I was so happy she was there.

Lauren got on well with the group, and at the end of lunch we figured out we had the same last two periods. We sat next to each other in both of these, our fingers intertwined under the desk. I no longer had to skype my girlfriend to stay in contact.

She’s here.