Chapter 4

Camila’s POV

It had been a few days since Lauren and I had first skyped, and everyday since we had skyped as well. The calls lasted hours (I’m probably making the internet bill go through the roof) and we never got sick of talking to each other, or ran out of topics to talk about.

Today had been a bad day though, and even though I wanted to see Lauren, I didn’t want her to see me like this- tear stained cheeks, red, blotchy. No matter what though, I will never give up time with my Lolo.

School today was a nightmare. I’d put my journal in my bag by accident and MorganGreye found it, and read out to the whole school that I am gay. Now everyone hates me.

The skype ringtone sounded from my laptop, and I answered it immediately.

“Camz, what’s wrong,” she asked as soon as I picked up, concern lacing her tone.

I sniffled and told her that nothing was wrong.

“C’mon Camz, I know I’ve only seen you on skype, but I know that there is something wrong. Please tell me.” God, she’s persistent, but I guess that’s what I like about her.

“Well, at school today the group that bully me found out that...” My words slowly trailed off as I was scared how she would react. I’ve only just found someone that I trust completely and I don’t want to lose her.

“Found out what,” she demanded.

“Promise me that you won’t hate me,” I begged, looking into her eyes on the computer screen, which was putting a barrier between us.

“I promise, Camz. It can’t be that bad.”

“They found out that I’m gay,” I whispered with closed eyes, scared for her response.

“Oh, Camz. I don’t care. I’m bi, if that makes you feel any better,” she told me. I opened my eyes and looked at her. Inside I was really excited as I had a tiny chance with Lolo.

“It kind of does. Thank you so much Lolo.”

“No problem Camz. I also wanted to ask you, why do they bully you? You are the sweetest person ever,” she asked. I blushed at the compliment, and replied.

“I’ve never been popular, but it’s mostly just because I’m a nerd, and ugly.”

“Woah, hold up Camz. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Don’t you ever call yourself ugly because you are far from it,” Lauren spoke with such confidence that I had to believe it. Maybe I am beautiful, like she says.

“Thank you, Lolo. You’re the only person who makes me feel beautiful.”

“Aw, I’m happy to be that person.”

I look over my laptop to the clock, and see that I have to go.

“Sorry, Lo. I gotta go. See you tomorrow, byeeee.”

“Bye, and remember you’re beautiful.”

I smiled at her, then ended the call.

The way she called me beautiful gave me butterflies in my stomach, and it felt like I could do anything, be anything when I’m talking to her. She makes me feel infinite, and I don’t want this feeling to end.