Chapter 19

Dedicated to anyone who is willing to start over.

Chapter 19

Ashlynn POV

I yawned before rolling over onto my side with great difficulty and letting out a humongous groan as bright sunlight filtered in through the window, practically blinding me.  What kind of idiot forgot to close the window before going to sleep?  Two seconds later, last night came rushing back to me, and it hit me that that idiot was me.  

I smiled, now also knowing why it was so hard for me to roll over.  Nick's arm was still hanging on tightly to me, even after I had rolled over.  It didn't surprise me that he hadn't noticed me moving.  Nick was a deep sleeper.  Before, I used to think nothing ever woke him up.

I chuckled lightly and sluggishly crawled out of my bed, ready to start the day.  I hoped that today would be a good one, just like most days that had gone by recently.

I stood up and brushed down my clothes before hurrying to close the window, so Nick wouldn't have to be blinded, like I had been.  Smiling, I did my daily morning routine.  Right in the middle of washing my face, a pair of arms wound their slow sensual way around my waist, making my smile grow even wider.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I chirped, my bright and loud voice making Nick wince a little as he buried his face in my neck.

"How can you be so bouncy and jumpy in the morning?" He groaned, his voice tickling my neck a little making me giggle a bit.

I laughed, "Not everyone needs to sleep until two in the afternoon to be awake, Nick," I teased, making Nick send me a playful glare, though he really was probably still half asleep.

"Yeah, well, I don't think anyone is awake as you are right now at five in the morning either," Nick retorted, shooting me a pointed look.

I shrugged, "I'm used to getting up early," I said and then really wished I hadn't, seeing the deep frown appear on Nick's face.

A tense silence filled the air and suddenly the warm and loving arms that held me now felt cold and rigid.  Quietly, I finished washing my face and hung the towel up, before sighing.  I turned around to face Nick, who had a look on his face that that told me he was lost in his thoughts.  "Hey," I suggested softly, "Come on, let's go have some breakfast,"  

"Yeah," Nick distantly replied and I couldn't help the second sigh that left my mouth with a light huff.  When I had told Nick about my past, he had gotten riled up.  And I mean really riled up.  After my explanation to him, he had went away for two days to who-knows-where, since I still didn't.  He had avoided talking about it, and I eventually gave up.

"Well, I'm going to go on downstairs to eat, you coming?" I asked before turning back around to the mirror and absentmindedly fixing the necklace around my neck, trying to pretend I didn't notice the way that Nick's eyes were already way far gone.

"You go on," Nick said though I seriously doubted he heard it himself.

"Right," I muttered before gently pulling myself out of Nick's arms and heading downstairs, "See you later, okay?" 

I didn't wait for his non existent reply before just heading downstairs.  By myself.  Truth to be told, I was feeling a little down.  But you can say that my frown definitely turned upside down when I saw who was waiting for me in the kitchen with a big smile on his face as he held his arms open to me, "I'm back!" He sang, making me laugh, my whole body giddy with excitement.

"Oh my god!  Yes, you are!" I happily shouted before throwing myself into Derek's arms and tightly wrapping my own around his back.  "So, how was the trip?  Oh, and what happened at the meeting?" I asked, pulling back from Derek's brotherly embrace.