Chapter 16

You wake up the next morning feeling amazing, like how long has it been since you've slept in a nice comfy bed? You wash your face and get ready to go see Shaun. You had a worried feeling and you weren't sure why, your motherly instincts are kicking in.
"Good morning Shaun, whats up?" You say, smiling. It was great to have your son with you "Mother, I want you to come with me, there's a meeting I want you to attend to." You nod and shrug, you definitely aren't one for meetings... "Thank you all for coming..." you zone out pretty much straight away, looking out the window and watching everyone go about their day.
"So I'm putting my mother in charge." This caught your attention, "What??" You say, everyone in the room gasps "You can't be serious!" Someone says, "Now now I know this is a lot to ask but... I'm sick. The doctors have been trying their best but nothing has been working... I don't have long." You cover your mouth and hold your breath for a second... Everyone leaves and you stay seated, your face in your hands. "You're... dying?" You say, looking up at your son "I'm afraid so. But please, you have to look after everyone. I know you will be a great leader, you've proven that to me." Shaun stands up and rests a hand on your shoulder, "please mother, if not for them then for me." You once again cover face and sigh. "I don't know if I can do it." You look up at him with your shining (e/c) eyes, feeling tears forming. You knew very well that this whole job was impossible, but you still really wanted to make Shaun happy, even that will be a challenge. You could tell though, just by you being there with him, he was happy. "I know you can, I wish I could tell you that you had plenty of time to think about it but unfortunately you don't, but please still think about it." He smiles lightly and steps back, opening his arms, you quickly get up and give him a hug. "I love you Shaun." You say, rubbing his back "I love you too, mother."
You look around on your pipboy and find the setting you teleport you out, you press the button for the airport and everything turns hazy and blue.
You stumble around a little and finally regain your balance. You hear a person in power armor at the gate chuckle to themselves. "I'd like to see you try teleportation bitch." You mumble angerly as you walk by... you make your way up to Elder Maxson and sigh, still feeling a little queasy. "Welcome back, did you convince Dr Li to come back to the brotherhood?" You sigh again and face palm "Shit, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot." You hit your forehead and can just feel the air between the two of you change. "I can't believe you didn't do a simple task like that! I am very upset" you can tell he tries to calm himself down "however I understand the situation. Just in case of this, we've gotten another scientist from diamond city to help us out with Liberty Prime. Speaking of which I think you should go down and give that holotape to Proctor Ingram, dismissed." You salute to each other and you make your way down again. It was getting a bit late already, you spent most of the day spending time with Shaun. You just wanted to get this over with and see Danse.
"Thanks (Y/n), I'll get this to Proctor Quinlan right away. But first I wanna run this by you: Liberty Prime is almost finished, we just need the nukes for his weapon system." You're eyes widen "Nukes? Seriously?" You say in a very concerned manner, "Yes seriously. We need them otherwise he won't be able to go into battle, I know it's late so you can get some rest but please, go first thing in the morning." You nod and rub your eyes, "Where am I getting them?" Ingram breaks eye contact, "I would tell you if I knew... however I do know that they are somewhere in the Glowing sea. There will be a small team waiting for you, I'll put their coordinates on your map now so you can get right to it. Good luck." You nod and make your way baaack up to the Prydwen. Sure you didn't really do much today except walk around a little and talk with Shaun but god are you tired. It's 11:54pm right now so most people are sleeping, just a few people outside keeping a lookout and a few just hanging out. You knock on Danses door and it opens quickly after, a huge smile spreads across his face. "Hey there beautiful, welcome back." You smirk and walk into his room, he closes the door behind you. "Good to be back, I missed yooouuu." You whine, throwing your arms around him, you both sway slightly "Oh come on, it's only been like a day." He laughs a little and kisses your head, "Yeah but... I don't knoow I just missed you don't judge me." You pout and he pulls away, holding your hands "I missed you too (Y/n), don't you worry. But shit you look tired, maybe you should go sleep, I'd let you stay here but... if we get caught we're in trouble." You smile and give him a quick kiss, he smiles back and rubs your head, you pout and giggle "Goodnight Danse." You wave and blow him a kiss "He catches it and holds his hands on his heart "Goodnight my angel, sweet dreams."