Chapter 15

Your vision returns to normal and you find yourself stumbling into a wall type... thing. Finally, the dizziness and nausea you were feeling goes away and you continue into a room. "What a boring room." You state, you poke your head around a control board and find theres a terminal there. Quickly, you load the holotape onto it and get the data you need. "Awesome." You decide to look around that room, but you found nothing of interest. "Hello." A voice says from some speakers, it makes you jump. "You've come through great lengths to find us. Please, step into the elevator." You hesitate but listen to the old mans voice, the door opens for you and you step in. "I can only imagine what you think of the institute, of us. But I want to convince you that we really aren't what everyone thinks we are." You cross your arms, "Welcome to the Institute." The voice says and soon you can see a beautiful big space. Covered in trees and pretty sparkling water, clean buildings and a lot of people. You press your hands on the glass and take it in, ignoring the voice. You were so mesmerized by it, I mean you've never seen anything so clean and nice in over 200 years. You are soon back into a tunnel but not for long. "We strive to make the Commonwealth a better place, recreate it into something extraordinary..."
(Ugh I know I'm soo lazy)
The voice stops and you see a boy locked in a small room, you recognize him and run up to the glass. "Oh my god... Shaun, it's you. It's really you." You choke out, trying to hold back tears "Who are you? I don't know you." The kid says, looking a little freaked out "It's me, I'm your... I'm your mum." You smile and kneel infront of the glass "Could you please open the door." You ask, his eyes widen "I don't know you, go away. Father! Father she's trying to take me!" He keeps repeating this "Shaun please calm down! I'm going to get you out, I'm your mother. Please Shaun listen to me! You have to remember!" You cry out. Soon, an older man comes in and says some sort of code, Shaun hunches over and his head flops down, you immediately get up and wipe your tears. "Finally we can meet in person." He says, you storm up to him "Where is Shaun?" You say in quite an angered tone "Oh he's here... closer then you think." You roll your eyes and ball your fists "Give me my son old man, now!" You growl and he looks a little offended, "I know you've gone through great lengths to find your son, you're so brave. When I let you out of that pod I wasn't sure if you'd make it, but I'm glad you did." You give the man a confused look now "You let me go?" He simply nods. "I mean you were backup for me, if I didn't work out well then... my mother was the next hope" he pauses and you gasp quietly "It's me, I am your son, I am Shaun." You think for a moment, he's so old, it's impossible. "I don't... I don't believe you." You say, he smiles to himself ever so slightly, "I was exactly what they needed, a human baby untouched by radiation or any sickness, I was completely clean. So, they took me out of that vault and brought me here. Is it so hard too believe that it wasn't ten, but sixty years until I let you out." You process it and look closely at his features, he did look a bit like Nate... the resemblance was definitely there, even a bit of you in there. "It... it is you..." you hug your son tightly, he hugs you back. "It's so good to see you mother, after so many years." You nod slightly and pull away "I'm so glad I found you Shaun... so very glad." You wipe away tears and look at the kid, "What.. is that?" You ask, pointing to it "That is the institutes newest creation, a child synth. It took a long time but finally it worked. Amazing isn't it?" Shaun says, looking very proud. "Yeah.. you could say that." You weren't very sure how to feel about it, surely a child synth wouldn't be as dangerous as a normal one. "Maybe you could look after him, treat him as a human, he will think and act like a normal person. Obviously I'm not as young as you'd like me to be so, you can raise a young Shaun." You bite your lip and smile lightly "Why would I need a fake Shaun when I have the real one right here?" You ask, cocking your head to the side a little. "Not for much longer I'm afraid. You won't have as much time with me. But please, feel free to look around." He just turns and leave. You try stop him but decide to go anyways.

After getting familiar with the place you make your way back to Shaun. "This place is amazing, truly amazing." You say, smiling at him "It is isn't it, I'm glad you think so. So I'm sure you know you have the option of joining us." You nod sadly "Yeah... I really don't know if that's a good idea, I want to but.. I just really don't." Shaun nods a little "You don't have to decide straight away, you have plenty of time. Just, please really think about it." You already know the answer, no way you're joining the institute, but you are definitely making sure your son survives. "But, how would you feel running a little job? There's a synth that has escaped and is running a raider gang, it would be great if you could help." You think for a moment "I don't... maybe not. I'd honestly rather not. I'm sorry Shaun." You say, worried about how he'll react "Okay, I understand. In which case I'll get X6 to show you to your room before he heads out." You nod and hug him, giving him a quick peck on the cheek "Good night son." You smile and wave.
You and the synth reach your room and you cover your mouth, gasping. It's beautiful. "Father wants you to see him right away in the morning, good night mam." He says before walking off. You close the door and look around, the first thing you do is take a warm shower... you don't remember the last time you've been really clean, this felt great! Shame it's going to be destroyed. "Wow!" You say, jumping onto the bed, you smile and roll around a bit. It's so soft and fluffy, you know it's going to be a nightmare waking up. But you have to get tomorrow morning done with, you need to get back to the brotherhood... to Danse.