Chapter 9

"Well I expect you both to get onto it as soon as possible." Elder Maxson tells both me and Danse, we explained everything with Virgil to him. The two of us nod. "And you know this is my ship and I know everything going on inside it, right?" He says sternly, me and Danse exchange glances. "Knight, why did you follow Danse into his quarters last night?" Maxson asks, eyeing us both down, ooh boy if looks could kill.... "I thought you knew everything that went on in the ship." I say, crossing my arms. Danse gives me 'the look' before stepping in. "During our mission and the unfortunate event of (Y/n) injury, she got deadly radiation poisoning but we didn't really find out until last night. So... Cade said that she has to be hooked up to some rad-away, I let her into my room so I could look after her." Danse explains, smiling towards me for a second. "Right, of course. I'll make sure to ask him later. (Y/n), I hope you are feeling better but do NOT disrespect your Elder again! Understood?" I nod "Absolutely! no promises though..." I mumble the last part under my breath, Maxson just ignores it.
"You have guts... seriously, I would never speak to Elder Maxson like that!" Danse says, laughing a little. I peak over at him from my power armor and smile, "Damn straight! I got more balls then anyone here!" I flex my arms and giggle, going back to repairing my armor. "No I have balls, not you." Danse laughs, it takes me a second to understand and then I giggle more with him, "You're so weird Danse." I laugh, finishing with my power armor. "Yeah but I'm your kinda weird." He whispers to me. I slowly peak around at him again and stare at him, I can see he's smirking. I hide my face again when I start to feel it get warmer and warmer by the second. Dance is flirting with me now?? I'm.... not upset with it but indindibinwihfomomaondind!!! I'm dying ugh what do I saaay?? I peak around again to see he isn't there. I swear he's a ninja. "Danse?? Don't you dare scare mee!" I say, wondering around. Eventually I make it to the top of the Prydwin and find Danse there, looking straight at me, like he knew I would come straight away. "Knew you'd follow me." He smiles, "Well yeah I mean after what you said I haaad to find you." I say, stepping onto the roof. "And yeah" I stand next to him "you are my kind of weird." I smile and poke my tongue out, he giggles a little and turns back around to face the ocean. "Look I've been meaning to tell you something... since I met you for the first time in Cambridge, I just knew there was something about you that I liked, well I wasn't really sure. But now I know that... how do I say this??" Danse goes bright red and looks at me dead in the eyes "I-I think I love you (Y/n)! Like a lot!" He says loudly, Danse then covers his face with his hands and shakes his head. I blush a little again and gently take his hands off, he looks at me with those beautiful eyes of his and I hold his hands, I shake our hands up and down slowly for a second and smile lightly "I think I love you too." His face immediately lights up, which makes mine as well. He hugs me tightly and laughs lightly, "I am so happy to hear you say that!" He smiles and pulls away from the hug, he looks deep into my (e/c) eyes and brushes his thumb on my cheek. I warp my arms around his neck and kiss him softly, we both smile as he kisses back. "That was... unexpected." He says shyly, "But I liked it none the less." He smirks and winks. Fuck he's sexy... I blush again immediately and bite my lip. "But..." Danse frowns "It's against the rules to be in a romantic relationship with any other Brotherhood members..." he says sadly, brushing his fingures through his hair. "Shit really?" I ask, holding his hands again. "Mhmm, I didn't think to much of it at first but since you've come into my life... I despise that rule." He sighs and I lift his chin up so he's looking at me, "We'll work something out Danse." I smile and kiss him quickly again. "We should get to our mission." I say, letting go of his hands, he nods and escorts me down.