Chapter 2

Just over a year passed since that day. I decided to stay out of Sanctuary, too many bad memories. I use to go visit everyone there regularly... But I had to move away from my old house when I realized there was a Deathclaw living in the area. I even left Dogmeat behind, I wouldn't live with myself if he got killed. It's been a good 7 months since I've been there, alone for 7 months... it isn't fun, but I'm use to it. I usually occupy myself by tending to my crops and drawing in the dirt, when I have free days. Today I'm doing something different, I'm going into the Commonwealth and hopefully Boston. I pack some food, ammunition and some extra weapons if needed into a bag and put my armor on. It isn't much, but it keeps me alive. I lock my door and head out, checking the map on my pipboy.
"A military signal..." I say as it shows on the screen, I'm sure they're fine.. right? I listen to my gut and make sure I'm in the clear, then I tune into it.
A goul infestation? Geez... I've ran into these things only a few times and like most mutated things out here.. they scare the living shit out of me. But they sound like they're in a lot of trouble... Nate would want me to help them. I clutch his wedding ring that I attached to some string and wore it as a necklace, he would want me to help anyone I can. Filled with determination, I follow my map to an old police station. On the way I avoid any trouble that I could get into, I need to help these people.
Sooner then I thought I hear gun shots, they sound close, really close. I peak from around a truck and see a tonne of gouls running at them. Shit... without hesitation I run in as fast as I can and join them, well... him. When I thought it was over even MORE came at us. "Oh come ON!" I say angerly, shooting most of them right in the skull and punching and kicking gouls off of the surprised man. I know he's in power armor but I need to help. Finally after what seemed like ages, the gouls stopped coming. I look at the bodies piled up around us and breathe heavily. "Great work civilian." The man says, clearly surprised. "Thanks, y-you too. Pheeww what a fight!" I say, smiling lightly and I rest my hands on my knees and bend over slightly. "Well what is your business here civilian? Speak up." He says in a strict voice "You first, I think I deserve an explanation." He looks at me for a moment and nods, "I suppose you have a good point. We are part of the brotherhood of steel, I'm Paladin Danse, this is Scribe Haylen and Knight Rhyse." He says, I wave at them and the Haylen girl waves back. "We came here on a scouting mission, this Police station definitely proved beneficial. But... we can't make contact with everyone else. Haylen has been trying but... nothing has been working. Now you civilian." He says, not really showing any emotional but strict and serious. "Well first off this 'civilian' has a name and it is (Y/n), aaaand I just so happened to pick up your signal so I listened to it and here I am. You're welcome for saving your butts." I smile innocently, "Yes well.. thank you for that (Y/n). I don't suppose you'd be interested in helping us out a little more do you?" He asks with a bit of a kinder tone now, I think for a moment... "Sure why not, I'll help." The Paladin smiles lightly, "Outstanding. Follow me into the police station and stock up on anything you need. When you're done let me know and we'll head out." I smile and nod. "Haylen get Rhyse inside and tend to his wounds." Danse says, as I walk past the pair the Rhyse guy just glares at me, so I glare back and follow Danse through the big blue doors.