Chapter 6

Dis chapter gon have some cute shiizzzz! And iz just the beginning!

We can hear shuffling coming from the large room infront of us. I spot a mutant hound and look at Danse, I shoot it dead in the head in 2 swift shots and we quickly back away into the room. We can hear a few super mutants calling out and asking 'who's there'. Once they stupidly but luckily shake it off I walk in and start shooting at the mutants that had come out of the rooms, we get rid of a few until... "Look out!!" Danse shouts as he pushes my down the stairs, he takes the hit, stumbling back into the wall. I fall down hard, my power armor shaking the ground. "Danse!!" I quickly get up and run to him, no major damage, but he's definitely shaken up. I growl and spot the mutant with the missile launcher, "Bastard!!" I scream and run right towards it, I can hear Danse calling for me but I block it out. It shoots another missile but I quickly and carefully grab the sides before it can come in contact with anything and throw it at the wall besides me. I throw myself at it, making both of us fall over. I kneel on its chest and rapidly shoot beams at it's skull, it's head violently explodes, spraying my face with warm blood. I get rid of the remaining super mutants and sprint back to Danse who had managed to get up. "Jesus christ are you insane?!" He yells, holding my shoulders. I shrug and breathe heavily, I only now realize how dangerous that actually was. I could have died considering where that missile was heading... I just look at him and pant softly. He sighs, wipes some blood off my face and hugs me... completely out of the blue. "You could have died! But... that was pretty amazing." He lets go and looks at me again, I shrug again and bite my lip, I don't really know how to respond to that... usually I would come up with some smartass comment but I'm just so shaken up. "Lets go soldier."
We get back on the Prydwen and meet Elder Maxson again. "Glad to see you guys are back, I trust you've taken care of everything." He says, both the Paladin and I nod. "Good, I'm glad to hear it. (Y/n) I would like to speak with you in private please." Maxson says sternly, I look at Danse and he just nods, salutes and walks away. Me and the Elder are left alone. "Knight, I know you just got here and we're all still getting used to you but... you're still a complete stranger, we know nothing about you and I'm sure you know about the synth threats" I shiver at the thought "So I want to make one thing clear: we have our eyes on you, if you do anything to lose my trust then you're finished. Got it?" I'm honestly surprised he would say that, and in such a mad sounding tone. I mean I get where he's coming from but I have risked my life 3 times now for Danse... I'm dedicated.
I sit on my bed with my legs crossed, playing around with my pipboy. I can hear someone in a bed area a little farther away snoring, it's very frustrating. I'm glad to be out of my gear and in some casual clothes, a tank top and some shorts, it's nice considering it's pretty warm in here. "Hey soldier." I hear a voice call quietly, I see Danse walking up to me, I wave "Hey stranger, what's up." I smile and he sits on the edge of the bed, "Just wanted to check in on you, how you liking it up here?" He smirks a little bit but I ignore it, "Meh, better then being alone." I shrug and smile lightly. I notice Danse is in a black T-shirt and jeans, he also has hair! And fabulous hair at that. I find myself staring and he pokes me, "There you are! Look... I also wanted to just talk to you, I.. don't think we should do it here." I get quite curious but a little worried, hope everything's okay...
He leads me down this long hall, at the end theres a hatch that opens to the top of the Prydwen. Danse lets me up first and I gasp, sure the sun has pretty much set but the view is beautiful. "I use to come up here a lot" he says, joining me on the platform "It's so peaceful, plus no one comes here, there's no need." He smiles at me as I stare into the sky, the stars are already pretty visible. "Now before I get lost forever in this view what did you need?" I ask, snapping out of it. "Right, of course. Well I'm not sure if it's too late or not but... when we met I could have shown more gratitude, and trust me I was and still am very thankful. I just... wasn't really sure about you I guess, I don't know. But now I see that... you really are a great person, no matter how much of a smartass you can be" we both giggle a little "So I guess what I'm saying is... thank you for coming to save our butts." He laughs nervously and rubs the back of his neck, I smile and scrunch up my face a tiny bit. "Awww! That was so kind of you Danse, I feel truly honored." I smile wider and giggle a little. "One more thing... if there is anything you wanna talk about or get off your chest, I'm here for you." He smiles, it really does remind me of Nates... I nod "Maybe... there is something I would like to talk to you about..." I say a little shyly, Danse nods and we sit on the edge, dangling our legs. "My husband... Nate he... he got murdered a while ago.. when I was woken up. There was a man and a women, they... they took my child" I get teary and my voice gets shakey "Nate wouldn't give Shaun to them and the man just... shot him. Without any hesitation." Danse looks at me with sad eyes, I look into the distance, watching how the water parts from the sky. "I'm so sorry (Y/n) thats... thats so horrible." I nod and sigh a shakily, "They took him and said something about... me being backup, I just... I want my son back and I want Nate back..." A few tears roll down my cheeks and Danse wipes them away and I look at him. He shuffles closer and wraps his arm around my shoulders, pointing to the sky. "Your husband is up there, watching down on you. And I know he is so very proud of you, he just has to be. You're one of those people that doesn't have to be part of an army to be a soldier, you already are a soldier, a survivor and a leader. I for one admire that very much." I smile and cry some more, this time just letting it all out. I hold the ring in my hand and lay my head on Danses shoulder, "Thank you Danse..." I say quietly, looking off into the stars. I feel him tense a little but relaxes and rubs my arm, looking up into the beautiful night sky as well.