"Oh Tanu... I'm so happy for you. I just hope I have something like this too. This is so special. It's more like the fairy tale kind of idyllic love. I wish I'm in love too with someone who'll suit my temperament." 

"I'm sure you will dear Si," Tanvi hugged her back and kissed her cheek. Just then her phone buzzed. She went to pick it up. Arjun's number flashed. She smiled softly and answered it.

Hi Arjun

Hello!! ... hello!!! Is this Tanvi madam? I'm Arjun Sir's personal assistant Shiva. Am I talking to Tanvi? Hello!!

Tanvi was perplexed to hear someone else and for a minute she couldn't understand. Did something happen? she hoped he was fine. She thought please... nothing should happen to him.

Yes, I'm Tanvi here. Please tell me. What is it?

Tanvi madam, Arjun Sir met with an accident and he is critical. I have informed his parents. They are coming to Bangalore. Sir's mother told to tell you. Where are you now? Do you want me to arrange transport?

Tanvi couldn't reply. She collapsed on the ground and closed her eyes.

Hello Tanvi madam? Hello?

The phone sounds were muffled. She couldn't think and went numb all over. She visibly paled and Sia rushed to her side.

"Tanu? Is everything alright?" Sia picked up the phone and spoke,

Hello! No I'm her friend. Oh ok.... She is in Hyderabad....I don't think so. We'll come...

She looked at her friend and took decision for her.

Please book the tickets for the next available flight for two. I'll what's app the required details to the same number. Will you keep this phone with you? Ok... I'll do that. Thanks.

Sia hugged her tightly, "Tanu are you ok? Tanu speak to me. Please? We need to go. He is still alive. Let's just hope he'll get out of the danger zone by the time we reach there. Come on Tanu, there is no time to waste." 

When Tanvi wouldn't respond then Sia spoke harshly and shook her to bring her back from the daze ,"Tanu, if you don't snap out now I'm going to hit you. Listen to me, you need to be strong now. He is still alive. Just think about it. He ....is ...still.... alive."

Tanvi clutched Sia and in a few seconds, she got up —threw open the wardrobe and pulled a few clothing and stuffed those in a bag pack. She quickly packed her clothes, toiletries and changed into a serviceable dress.

In the meantime, Sia what's apped their details to Shiva and packed her bags too. 

They were ready in fifteen minutes and went down to the living room. 

"What's going on? Where are you two going?" Tanvi's mom, Radhika asked curiously.

Tanvi went to her mother and hugged her, "Amma, Arjun met with an accident and is critical. He is in Bangalore. His personal assistant called just now. He booked tickets for us to get back. Sia is coming with me. I need to go." 

She spoke in such a flat tone, her mother looked at her worried. 

"Are you sure about the news darling? Do you know his personal assistant? It could be a hoax." 

Tanvi shook her head but was irritated with her mother and said, "Amma please, if it's not we'll be unnecessarily delayed."

She did a sweeping gesture and said, "I want to be with him amma please. Nothing will happen to us. I promise. I will call you as soon as we board the plane and once we land too. Please... I just want to be with him." 

"Tanvi darling, I completely understand what you are going through. It's only that I'm trying to be cautious. I'll ask your dad to check and find out what's really happening. Please darling."

Tanvi was exasperated and when she was impatiently heading to the door, Sia stopped, "Your mom is correct Tanvi. Just listen to me, let her find out and we'll go immediately." 

Tanvi thought for a moment and gestured her mother to call her dad.

Sia sat down in the living room sofa and Tanvi was pacing up and down the hall. 

After about half hour, her mother entered the room and hugged her with tears in her eyes, "It's true darling. We'll follow you in tonight's flight. Your car is waiting outside." 

She moved to Sia and hugged her too, "Thank you for staying with her. I'm very relieved you are here." 

Both hurried out of the house and boarded the flight uneventfully. It was an hour-long flight and Tanvi couldn't regulate her thoughts. She feverishly prayed for Arjun's recovery. Her mother confirming the accident only made it more real and she took time to fully understand it. 

But she was in a denial mode. Was it just today that she had declared her emotional dependence on him? And what had happened in just a few hours. Life was fucking unpredictable. She just hoped he would recover. She wouldn't think about death. Please God let him not die. She thought she was praying to some unknown god. However, the image she saw was Arjun's. She fervently pleaded him to get back to her. She was not yet prepared to face a life without him. That was unbearable and unimaginable. No, she would not think about it yet. Sia was right, he was still alive and that was the only thought that kept her sane.

She composed herself and left the Bangalore airport. As planned, they found Shiva at the terminal and headed to the hospital. They did not talk all through their flight trip and now the car ride. Sia silently held Tanvi's hands and gave her what little comfort she could give. Tanvi was pensive and kept up her silent prayer. They reached the plush Hospital premises. It was one of the top-end reputed hospitals. 

Arjun was going through a surgery. Though Shiva updated her about the accident and why was he in surgery, she could grasp nothing. She wanted to see him. She found the waiting room and saw Arjun's parents there. Arjun's mother lifted her arms and she flew into them. 

Then she couldn't hold back and silently cried. His mother soothed her, "There, there, Tanvi don't cry, he is still alive. And hopefully he'll come back to us." She took a deep breath and relaxed. She looked up to see Arjun's father. This was only the second time she was meeting him.

She gave him a teary nod and he patted her head in a comforting gesture. Arjun and his dad were so alike in looks and certain temperaments. The uncanny resemblance made her uncomfortable. As if on cue, all sat down and waited. Sia and Shiva made themselves useful and got coffee for all of them. Arjun's mother denied it and so did Tanvi.

The wait was pretty long and a tired surgeon walked into the room. All of them eagerly gathered around him. Sia and Shiva stayed back. He addressed Arjun's parents, "I'm sorry. We couldn't save him. He lost too much blood and there was internal bleeding. I'm sorry!"

The world shifted on its axis, Tanvi could hear cries of denial and agony but couldn't react. She passed out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________