Chapter 15

Days moved swiftly. Tanvi found a PG near her office campus and moved in. She took a single room and lived with Arjun over the weekends. 

Arjun had to travel frequently now that Abhi was not around. 

Sia got placed in Samsung India and moved to Delhi for her training. They frequently spoke to each other. They met twice when she was in Hyderabad for a long weekend. It was pleasant to meet her and have some girl time. 

Arjun had to meet some client in Mumbai for that weekend and Tanvi made plans to catch up with Sia in Hyderabad. 

"So, Ab Initio huh!! That's awesome Tanu. How is Arjun? What's the scene with him? When will you get married? It has been a loooooong courtship. It'll be fun if you get married. Destination wedding and we'll all be there. It'll be more like a reunion." 

Tanvi hit her playfully, "Silly Si, if you want a reunion then we'll plan one, don't bank on my wedding. It'll not happen for a few more years. Arjun is fine. He's in Mumbai to meet some client. Ab Initio is not that awesome as yours. Samsung R&D is super niche. What do you do there? And what's your scene with Mr.Bike addict?"

 Sia was peevish, "Samsung is good we are working on digital product development mostly consumer electronics and don't ask me about Aditya. We are not on talking terms" 

Tanvi was immediately concerned. Sia was quite fond of him but this was unexpected, "What happened Si? You never told me you had a fall out."

"There is nothing much to say. It was gradual. I knew we were drifting apart. Our interests varied and we had nothing in common to discuss about anymore. He looked for greener pastures. He thought maybe if we could get physical then things would be more exciting. I said No."

"Hmm I thought you guys suited but this is so sad Si."

 "All are not lucky like you to find their soulmates so quickly." 

"I have nothing to say when you talk about such things. It could be good old luck. I thought you would end up with Abhi and we all four could've fun. Abhi left India. I miss him but only a little." 

"Tanu sometimes you live in your own bubble. Do you have any idea that Abhi and me will never suit? He had eyes only for you. As if one is not enough to go around you. I must say you had eyes only for Arjun. It was quiet a game to speculate who you will end up with. I always vouched for Arjun. Some of them said Abhi. He is so hot and dreamy. Many wanted to have a fling with him. Nah he wouldn't. He was devoted to you. So the poor bloke had to move abroad because you wouldn't have him? Oh man, he got it that bad huh?"

"You laid odds against me? How gross can you get." 

Sia snickered, Tanvi ignored her and said, "Coming to think of it this is so funny. I never thought of Abhi that way. He was a good friend and I felt bad when he was gone. I love Arjun. I've always loved him and it grew tenfold now. I can't imagine a life without him. You know Si, I end up with a lump in my throat whenever I think of us being apart. I keep thinking about him with every breath I take. At the same time, it is not like that possessive kind of love. He should have his space and so do I. It's that understanding kind of love. These days most often than not, I could sense his moods. So, does he. I'm very happy with him. I hope he feels the same about me. I think he does. Sometimes I'm crazy with him but he is always patient. I.." 

Tanvi grew misty and Sia hugged her. She muttered, "I miss him Si. Every minute of the day I want to be with him. But sometimes I feel I shouldn't encroach upon his time so much, that's the reason I'm in a PG now. Even when he is not around I can feel his presence. The way he makes my skin tingle. The way he makes me laugh and the way he makes me feel safe."