13; Sort Of Helpful

"Wait, Bev." Stiles jogged down the hall after her, making her turn sharply on her heel.

"What do you want from me?" Beverly snapped, gripping the strap of her bag as she stared at him.

"We need your help, which is what I was going to ask you for before you so rudely turned me down," Stiles stepped forward when she rolled her eyes, stopping her before she turned around and walked off. "It's about Dr. Deaton."

"What does my uncle Alan have to do with any of this?" She asked, her arms crossing as she gave him an irritated look.

"He's going to be the next sacrifice." Stiles said, watching as her face dropped. "He's been taken."

"Why do you need my help?" Beverly had a sour taste in her mouth, the idea of losing another person close to her making her stomach churn. Alan Deaton had always been a close family friend, and always offered help to her and her mother when they needed it.

"Well we all know that you're kind of psychic." Stiles lowered his voice, feeling uneasy with his words. He knew exactly what she was now, but had been sworn to secrecy. "So we're hoping that between you and Lydia, we can find him somehow."

"Is she going to be there?" She looked over at Cora, who had a blank expression on her face as she stood behind Stiles.

"Yes, but she won't touch you." Stiles assured, shooting a glare at Cora for a brief moment before looking back at Beverly. "Will you help?"

"Only to find Deaton."

•••

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." Beverly groaned as Stiles dropped the box on the table, sharing a look with Lydia.

"A Ouija board?" Lydia asked, blinking up at him as she folded her hands together.

"Also called a spirit board, and it's worth a shot." Stiles said, taking the lid off on the box and removing the board.

"A shot in the dark." Lydia muttered, Beverly laughing quietly. She may actually come to like this girl.

"Would you guys just try it, please." Stiles voice cracked in irritation, tossing the box to the side. "Let's not forget who this is for. Scott's boss, your 'uncle', the guy who saved our collective asses ok more than one occasion."

"Oh wait, should we all do this?" Cora asked boredly, Beverly rolling her eyes.

"Oh, yeah." Stiles rolled his shoulders back, the four of them touching the planchette with their fingertips. "You guys ready?"

"Yes." The three girls chorused in annoyance, Stiles leaning away from them and looking down at the board.

"Where's Doctor Deaton?" Stiles asked slowly. After a few anti climactic moments he and Cora looked at Lydia and Bev, waiting for them.

"What?"

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles stared at Lydia, Lydia staring back.

"Oh, I don't know the answer." She shrugged, a clueless look on her face. "I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."

"Well do you know any spirits?" Cora questioned, Lydia and Beverly mirroring the same 'really?' facial expression.

"Is she for real?" Lydia pointed at her, Stiles letting out a groan.

"Guys, wait." Beverly spoke up, carefully pushing the planchette without it being noticeable. "It's moving."