12; Freaks

"Beverly!"

Bev looked up from her locker, hearing two separate voices call out her name. She looked down the hall to her left, seeing Stiles waving her over. She looked to her right, making eye contact with Aiden as he stood waiting for her to walk over to him.

She looked back over at Stiles, who looked like he was going to break his damn wrist with the amount of gesturing he was doing. She raised an eyebrow at him, the boy mouthing something she couldn't make out.

Beverly made a hand motion to him that meant 'wait a second', before looking down and rifling through her bag. Stiles watched expectantly as her face lit up, reaching deep into the bag before pulling her hand out. Unfortunately the thing she pulled out was a middle finger, the blonde shrugging as she flipped him off and shut her locker door.

She turned and walked over to Aiden, the expression on her face the epitome of annoyance, signaling that he was in trouble. She reached up and grabbed his ear, yanking him down and leading him towards Coach Finstock's office.

"Ow." Aiden huffed as they stepped inside, Beverly letting go and shutting the door behind them. She crossed her arms, her eyebrows raised as she waited for him to explain himself. "I'm sorry."

She didn't say anything, shifting her weight to her other foot as her hip popped out just enough so that she was radiating sass.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that I was a werewolf, I didn't want you to get hurt or caught up in all of this." Aiden reached forward and put his hands on both her shoulders, maintaining eye contact. "I'm really, really sorry."

She didn't know what it was, but the sincerity in his voice and the serious look on his face made all her anger melt away. Something about the way he was looking at her felt so familiar, but the expression was almost unreadable.

Beverly took a deep breath and stepped forward, her arms wrapping around his torso and her head resting on his chest. Relief flooded through him, his arms wrapping around her small frame. He closed his eyes rested his chin on the top of her head, his hand rubbing circles on her back.

In that moment he wanted nothing more than to go back in time and take it all back, just so that he would never have had to miss this feeling.

The feeling of her in his arms, like they were the only ones on Earth and all that mattered was that they had each other.

"I hate all of this." Beverly mumbled into his chest, her fingers playing with the fabric on his shirt. "I don't want werewolves and human sacrifices to be a thing. I just want everything to be normal again, like it was before the accident."

Aiden felt his stomach knotting up at the mention of it, an overwhelming sense of guilt taking over his brain.  "Me too, Bevie. Me too."

She pulled her head back, looking up at him and giving him a close-lipped smile, her eyes squinting as the apples of her cheeks pushed against them.

Then, Aiden did one of the stupidest things he could thing of, his hand cupping her face as he started to lean in. Beverly took a sharp breath once she realized what he was going to do, but she didn't try to stop him.

He hesitated for a brief moment, his lips close enough that they were almost touching. Just as he was about to connect them a fire alarm sounded, making them both flinch.

Aiden's fingers plugged his ears, a frown forming on his face as Beverly moved to leave. "Where are you going?"

"Do you not hear that?" She asked, raising her eyebrows and pointing to the ceiling. He stared at her blankly, making her shake her head. "Fire alarm? Usually signals a fire?"

"When in high school has a fire alarm actually been a real fire?" Aiden questioned, making her smile and roll her eyes. He wanted nothing more in the world than to kiss her right now, and it was killing him.

"You may be an all powerful werewolf, but I'm still a tiny little human." Bev teased, pushing him towards the door. He sighed and walked out, but she paused as her phone vibrated. Once she realized it was just an email she went to leave, but was blocked by a girl she had never met before.

"You don't have a very good taste in guys, do you?"

"Do I know you?"  Beverly asked, looking her up and down with distaste.

"For whatever reason, Scott and his friends actually give a shit about whether you live or die, which means Derek gives a shit." Beverly just stared blankly at her, unsure why this random girl was cornering her in Finstock's office, talking about some guy named Derek who she also didn't know. "So you need to stay away from Aiden, or you'll get caught in the crossfire."

"Listen, I don't know you, and you obviously don't know me well enough to be telling me who I can associate with." Her voice came out sickly sweet, having zero tolerance for annoying ass people. "So I'm gonna get going."

Beverly moved to grab the door handle again, but instead the mystery girl's hand shot out and gripped her wrist tightly. She tried to yank it away, but was unsuccessful.

"Let go." She said through clenched teeth, but the girl just gave her a stony gaze. "I said-"

"Let go." They both looked up to see Stiles standing there, a serious look on his face. "Cora, she said let go."

Cora reluctantly released her wrist, Beverly scoffing and yanking it to her chest. She rubbed her wrist, shaking her head and opening the door. She stalked out into the hall, watching as people shuffled towards the door in slight panic over the fire alarm.

"Everyone at this school are a bunch of freaks."

____________________________

Not edited

Warning: Beverly and Aiden are going to break your heart lol

Also I have some wild shit coming so stay tuned!!!!

Vote and Comment!!!!

Brea xx