TEN

HUI –

one thing was for certain, hui was definitely third wheeling those two lovebirds.

hyuna loved hui - as a brother. they hit each other, teased each other. hyojong also loved hui - as a friend. like, a bromance. they would often poke each others cheeks and make weird faces at each other until hyuna made some remark.
but hyuna also... loved hyojong. just the way she looked at him and picked eyelashes off his cheek. the way she played with his hair absentmindedly. and hyojong loved her. braiding her hair, backhugging her.

hui didn't mind it, at all. in fact, he thought it was really, really cute. he enjoyed seeing the two fall in love with each passing minute, whether they cared to admit it or not. it just frustrated him that they wouldn't go and kiss each other to get it over with. hui even told them once.

"why don't you two just.. kiss? how hard is it?"
hyojong's cheeks ignited with red. "i'm not going to kiss her. i don't like her."
"ah right. yeah, you love her."
"stop saying her as if i'm not right here," hyuna said, biting down on dried seaweed. "i have a name you know. hyuna."

hui shrugged.
"why don't you just... kiss hyuna? it isn't that hard. lean in and press lips."
"i don't like her! how many times must i say that?"
"until you admit that you love her! hyuna, does he love you? it's obvious - right?"

"if he loved me he would've kissed me already, but go off i guess."

hui rolled his eyes. "if hyojong did kiss you, how would you react?"
"depends."

"d-depends? just smooch already!"

hyojong pushed hui, and he rolled over. "i'm not kissing hyuna. why don't you?"

"because she's not my soulmate. she's yours, headass. and i doubt she'd kiss just anyone."

hyuna chuckled. "he's right, i wouldn't."

"what are you implying?"

"that i wouldn't kiss your crusty lips. i think i have some eos lip balm, want it?"

all three laughed at that.
in fact, hyuna actually handed him some lip balm.

"so, what did you guys do before we all became fugitives?"

hyojong raised his hand, chewing on a honey tong tong chip. "i didn't do much, since i didn't have a job," he exhaled through his noss, smiling a little. "but for a while i danced on the street for money. but the baker who was down the street from me pitied me and left bread and pastries on my doorstep a lot. so i wouldn't, like, you know, die."

hyuna nodded. "i owned a barber shop, and i sang in a bar in a group called 4Minute for a while."

hui, after he finished swallowing, started to talk. "i was a vocal teacher. but the job didn't pay well and was complete shit."

hyojong's eyes lit up.
"i just realized something. all our names start with h."

"triple h," hyuna grinned.