𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻e

She was loud

She was loud.

Her laughter filled the classroom like water filled a glass. The way her eyes closed and hands covered her face. Made him wonder why did she hide?

She was painfully gorgeous.

Her skin was a rich brown with golden undertones, her teeth were white and the plumpness of her pink lips made him groan with satisfaction and displeasure.

His blue eyes raked over her figure. The blonde-haired boy tried to seem casual about it, but what was casual about liking someone on and off for years. She never even paid attention to him and he was four seats away from her, salivating like Pavlov's dog when a bell rings.

He noticed her loose ripped jeans and a TLC graphic tee. Throughout the years her hairstyles varied ever so often, either it was straight, curly, braided in an updo or loose at her back. Currently it was straight.

Too engrossed in her features, he failed to realize that class had begun. The slope of her nose, the curve of her long lashes that rested on her cheekbones when she blinked. What he would do if he was able to garner the courage to utter more than hello to her in passing.

"Parker Maddox, please tell me what Incumbency means"

He would normally know the answer, considering this was a review from last year. But his focus was elsewhere, he had no reply, too awestruck by the tongue that flicked out to wet her lower lip.

"Huh?" The blonde boy responded watching her lips move.

"Please pay attention in my class. This a review from last year, please get it together. Everyone needs to pay attention, seeing as this is a college-level course, no slacking will be tolerated. This week there will be an exam over last year's material and this week's. That goes for you too Macalister" the balding teacher spoke with malice. She whipped her head to the front and slid down in her seat, clearly embarrassed.

Now that she turned Parker was able to see a complete view of  Mac's face.

"So what is incumbency, Ms. Brown?" Mr. Armour asked crossing his small arms.

"Well...it is basically those who are already holding office, um they normally have an advantage in the election," she said trying to get out what she needed to say.

The teacher nodded, satisfied with her response. He looked away and continued with his lecture, questioning the state of America and its current administration.

★ ★ ★

"Macalister are you well? Timothee Chalamet is a skeleton with curly hair" Madison Nyguen sighed, side-eyeing her best friend of 8 years, she was questioning her taste right about now. Madison was taller than anyone in their trio friend group with legs for days. She was Vietmese and had such shiny black tresses and the highest cheek bones. Madison was the embodiment of supermodel status.