24. Coffee and soda

So, I'm kind of getting back into updating more frequently now. Though that doesn't mean it's completely back to normal. Still can't promise how often I'll be able to update or when the next update will be.

Also, I think a lot of you will be pretty pleased with this chapter, and if not well, it's more of a fun chapter anyways.

Thirteen's POV 

Devin shoves Zack face first into the floor as soon as we make it back into my house. And then he proceeds to walk over him like he's a carpet.

Zack then goes on to trip Devin and tackle him to the floor. Both of them bickering back and forth.

Lily looks desperately like she wants to join in, Chase looks like an exasperated parent, Cody looks as if he's perfectly content letting them beat the crap out of each other, and Lydia just rolls her eyes and walks over them and into the kitchen where everyone else is.

I glare down at them. I've just about had enough of those two. I look over at Chase who just shrugs as if asking me what I want him to do about it. Guess it's up to me.

"Enough! Both of you!" I shout and they both freeze where they are. Zack with his arm swung back to punch Devin, and Devin biting into Zack's leg.

Children. The both of them.

"My office now." I growl out and spin on my heel, walking off.

"She was talking to you." I hear Devin telling Zack.

"No, she was talking to you."

"Both of you shut up and get in my office now!" I shout.

Lily starts to cackle, "You're in trouble." She says in a sing-song voice.

"If you don't stay out of it you're next." I tell her. She makes the motion of zipping her mouth shut and throwing away the key. A wide grin is spread across her face. "You're not helping." I say and she just shrugs, her smile widening.

I walk into my office and close the door behind Zack and Devin as they enter. I lock the door and Devin audibly swallows.

"You know," He starts. "I really need to go. I have, uh...important business to attend to."

Zack snickers. "Aww, are you afraid of her?" He mocks Devin.

I shoot Zack a glare and he shuts right up and sits down in one of the chairs, his face paling slightly.

Devin starts laughing. "Who's scared now?"

I turn my glare on him and he does the exact same thing Zack did. He folds his hands in his lap and looks up at me. Both look like two guilty little children who are about to get scolded.

"Look," I say as I run a hand through my hair. "I really don't care what you two do to each other while we're at my house," Both their faces visibly brighten and evil looks appear. "but while we're out doing anything for the mission, I expect both of you to behave completely. One slip up from either one of you and someone could seriously get injured or killed. Do you both understand?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Zack mutters.

I turn to Devin who's raising his hand. "What, Devin?"

"If he's the one getting killed is it ok then?"

Zack glares at him and I rub my hand over my face. Why did I ever think this was a good idea?

"Devin." I growl out.

"Ok, ok." He grumbles. "Yes, I understand."

"Good. In that case, I have something else I need to talk to both of you about."