18. You make me feel like I did something wrong

Thirteen's POV

I walk out of the living room, closing the wide double doors leading into it behind me. Henri's waiting for me right outside. He takes a key and locks the door before holding his hands out to me.

"Give me anything you need cleaned." He orders.

I pull several of my knives out from my pockets and hand them to him carefully. Those will probably be the easiest to clean since most of the blood that was on them is now all over my pants and shirt instead. Thank goodness for black clothing,

I turn to walk off but Henri stops me by stepping in my path. He continues holding out his hands. "Clothing too Miss Kingston."

I give him a blank look before pulling off my tank top and pants, leaving me in my sports bra and slider shorts. I don't care, Henri's seen me like this before, and sometimes in less depending on how bad my injuries were. He's usually the one to clean my wounds and stitch me up. Unless he claims the wound is too bad. Then he forces me to go to a hospital.

"Wait here." He tells me simply and I just nod mutely.

I feel so angry, and yet at the same time...detached, numb.

I let out a sigh and lean back against the wall. I go to brush a stray hair out of my face but stop myself. Probably not the best idea to wipe at hair with blood coated hands.

Henri's back not even a full minute later with a trash bag, towels, and some wipes. He hands them to me and I begin to wipe off all the blood from my hands and arms. He wipes some blood off my face I hadn't noticed was there.

"You get what you needed?" He asks as he stares at me with sad eyes. I just nod again in response.

I feel like if I open my mouth to start talking, nothing's going to come out. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to be in there alone with him. Because as much as I hate to admit-and I'll never say this out loud-he got in my head with his words. He brought up the past and all the memories I try so hard to suppress.

Though it definitely helped to beat the crap out of him when he kept trying to push my buttons and get some kind of reaction out of me other than a blank stare or an angry glare.

"Forgive me for asking," Henri starts as he eyes me with caution. "But you did leave him alive, right?"

"For now." I confirm and Henri just nods. "Where is everybody?"

"Kitchen." Henri replies before eyeing me carefully. "When do you plan on heading out?"

I answer his question with one of my own. "How soon can you have six tactical uniforms, plus weapons ready?"

Henri smiles at me and nods. "No more than fifteen minutes tops...what kind of weapons exactly?"

"All need grenades, knives, a garrote, and an extra gun. I need extra knives, and both daggers. Lily will be taking her crossbow and rocket launcher no doubt, and the boys each need rifles, and an extra handheld-I don't care which kind."

"Make that a half an hour tops." Henri says in response. "Might I inquire as to where you are actually going?"

"One of Garrett's more secure strongholds. The place is basically its own military base."

Henri just nods before walking off with the bag of bloody wipes and towels. He comes back and tosses me an oversized shirt to wear but I toss it back. He raises an eyebrow at me.

I just shrug. "Going to have to change anyways, besides I'm basically wearing a pair of shorts. Plus a sports bra."

"And they, are teenage boys." Henri states.