Chapter 5

Lucky's P.O.V.

It was in the middle of the night when my father heard noises coming from downstairs so he grabbed his steel bat from under his bed and quietly walked to my room.

He didn't want to scare my mom so he didn't tell her anything.

He woke me up and I grabbed my steel bat aswell backing him up as we eased down the stairs.

The noises got louder as we got further down the stairs.

When we reached the kitchen we saw two black figures.

They froze in place, and slowly turned around.

They had black eyes and pale skin, and they both smiled showing their huge fangs.

Then they rushed toward us, and thats when I swung my bat. One of them grabbed it, and broke it in half.

I looked over at my dad who was laying on the floor passed out, and then I looked at the figures and-everything just happened so fast.

My mom knows now, and she'd do anything to keep us safe.

I just hope we aren't putting her in danger.

We've been eating raw meat for 3 weeks now, and our urge for human blood has died down.

Anyways me and my dad were currently standing infront of the door waiting for it to open.

Luckily Karsyn came to the door, "Oh my dad will be down in just....a..second," she trailed off staring at me for a long time with her beautiful big brown eyes.

All of a sudden I heard footsteps and then her dad appeared beside her.

"Oh hey Clayton, Lucky, come on in" he said with a small smile.

"Lucky.....i can't believe it's you she said in complete awe, staring at me a while longer before wrapping her arms around my neck in a bear hug

"I can't believe you're back in oregon, god it's been so long," I gushed holding her close to me, I could smell the delicious blood flowing through the veins in her neck that i would never dare taste. "I got you something," I said having to force myself to pull away before handing her the gift and bouquet,"House warming gift."

She had a slight blush on her cheeks before taking the flowers and the gift, "Lucky you shouldn't have," she said before sniffing the pink roses that matched the tint of her cheeks.

"Thank you," she said flashing her million dollar smile. She then grabbed a vase off of a nearby table and proceeded to put the flowers in water.

"Wow Lucky i didn't even recognize you, you've.....changed," she said looking me up and down slowly, "In a good way of course," she giggled and blushed shyly when i caught her staring.

I chuckled, "Well Karsyn you've definetly changed alot yourself, you're most definetly more stunning since the last time i saw you," I said adoring her beauty and basking in her presence.

"Oh Lucky, we were only about 6 or seven and i was a chubby little thing back then," she said smiling reminiscing her childhood.

I couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again

"Well you've always been stunning to me regardless of your 'chubbines' ," i say making her giggle.

This was going to be an amazing year for me.