Rainbow Ship part 1

"William Byers!"

"Will!"

You knocked repeatedly on the wooden door to his room.

"I know you're in there!" Your voice boomed throughout the house, but only silence greeted you.

Will trapped himself in his room all day. He missed school, and the rest of the party began to worry about him. You rested your head on the other side of Will's door, and tapped your foot impatiently.

"I'm coming in, like it or not!" You warned.

Without hesitation, you barged into his room.

Will sat on the edge of his bed with his back slumped over. You could see the tears in his eyes from the doorway.

"Oh my shit! Will, what's wrong?" You scurried over to his bed, and sat next to him. He stared straight ahead, letting the hot tears roll down his cheeks one by one.

After an eternity of silence, aside from Will's sniffles, you placed an arm around him. He turned his head, and cried into the crook of your neck. It was the first time he acknowledged your presence since you arrived.

"I-I don't know what's wrong with me," Will sobbed.

"What do you mean? What's been going on?" You lifted his head to look him in his brown eyes.

"I feel-" He paused, "Like I don't belong."

"I-I feel strange."

"Strange how?" You pressed. You gripped his shoulders tightly, pushing him to tell you what has broken him.

Will stared deeply into your eyes. His "browie" eyes hid behind a glass of tears brimming in his waterline.

"Y/N-" Will started. You nodded your head, signaling for him to continue.

"I-I think I like," He trembled as he spoke softly,