Will Byers, My Star part 1

Will x Reader
Will was at my house for the first time since he got home. Joyce was a little weary about letting him out of her sight which was to be understood. It took a lot of persuading and reasoning but she finally agreed, as long as we called her every three hours up and until we went to sleep. Of course, we wouldn't sleep, but Joyce didn't have to know that.
"I can't believe you're home, Will. I've missed you so much." Will put his bag down, smiling, and gave me a massive hug.
"I can't believe it either, Y/N, but I am. And I'm ready for this Dungeons and Dragons tournament."
"Me too. The others are on their way."
"Cool. They better hurry up, I want to start before morning."
I was glad to see the old Will was starting to show himself again. We were all still walking on eggshells around him.
When Mike, Dustin and Lucas arrived the dumped their bags and we all settled down at the kitchen table to begin.
~
"It's almost midnight," My mother had come down the stairs in her dressing gown, sighing and rolling her eyes, "You really need to give it a rest now and head to sleep."
"But mum!" I knew protesting wasn't going to work but I decided to try anyway, "We're right in the middle of this! And we've been sat here for five hours! Don't make us give up now!"
She looked at all of us one by one before her eyes came to rest on Will. I knew that she was walking on thinner ice than us around him. All of the adults were because there was a danger of them saying something triggering more than there was for us, and they all knew that.
"You can have half an hour. Then I'm coming back down here, and if you're not in your sleeping bags in the living room then I'm not letting this happen again. Your little sister is sleeping."
"Thanks, mum!"
"Thank you, Mrs Y/L/N!" Mike and Dustin said in unison
When she went back upstairs the tournament resumed as if it had never been interrupted in the first place.