Zombie Boy

(THIS IS ALSO ABOUT WILL BYERS)

"Will!"

A hand grabbed his shoulder, and the air left his lungs. He spun around, holding back the emotions threatening to spill out. His eyes locked on a familiar face, "Will? You okay?" You drop your gaze to his hands, seeing the piece of paper clutched in his hold. He began to shake, a tear sliding down his cheek, and you take the paper from him. "Ignore them, they're idiots."

You wrap your arms around him, the fact that students were giving weird looks at the sight of Will Byers with (Y/n) (L/n) as they piled out of the halls to leave school campus. To say you were more..poplar, was an understatement: everyone knew you around school. Being seen with the "Zombie Boy" gained more talk and rumors about you both.

It wasn't a secret that you two were close, even more so since he was finally himself again. Mike, Dustin, and Lucas often teased you about liking each other from how much time you spend together, and honestly you two kind of were. Just..not official? You and Will knew something was there, but were afraid to bring it into the light.

His grip tighten around your waist - where he hastily hold onto - before pulling back. He wiped his face with his sleeve, nodding. "Thanks.." You flash a smile, ruffling his hair teasingly, "No prob, sweetheart." Him turning red at the nickname didn't go unnoticed, but you don't mention it.

"Come on, you're brother must be waiting outside for us." Will watches you close his locker, fixing the strap of your (f/c) backpack on your shoulder. You tilt your head at his stare, expectantly. "Will?"

"Oh, right," He turns down the hall and walks off, you quickly walking beside him. You open the doors, you both were blinded by the sun in the sky as you stride down the steps. Will flinches when your hand grabs his ever so slightly, before intertwining your fingers. He looks at you, red faced by the contact, but you continue on walking with him.

He can't help but smile to himself, with a feeling of content. He squeezes your hand a little, your eyes meeting when you give him a glance. Jonathan was waiting by his car, fumbling with his hands to occupy himself. He notices you two, and quickly sees your hand holding. Will rolls his eyes when Jonathan gives him a thumbs up.

You let go of his hand awkwardly, clearing your throat. "Hi Jonathan. I'll see you tomorrow Will." You step back to walk away, but Will speaks up. "You don't want to come over for a little? I mean, we can..uh-" You shake your head before he can come up with an excuse, "I can't, my mom wanted to have a family night since she finally got the night off. Maybe next time." Will nods, "Oh, okay."

You stare at each other for a moment, which Jonathan noticed, and he pulls Will to his side. "Well we should get going, mom has a surprise for you at home," He grins. Will nods, "Yeah, okay." You say goodbye again, before turning and rushing toward the crowd of students in front of a line of school buses.

Will and Jonathan got in the car, and as Jonathan started the engine he smirked at his brother, "So..you and (Y/n), huh?" Will's face turned red, and he quickly looked out the window.

"Shut up."