part 4 fin

A few days passed, and Will had gotten worse. The 'Shadow Monster' had gotten him, and the two were both connected. He was able to locate Hopper in the tunnels he had drawn. While Joyce, Will, Mike, Bob and you were looking for Hopper, the Hawkins Labs' soldiers had come to burn inside the tunnel. And Will felt it everywhere. The sight of Will hurting you could not take. Tears wouldn't stop spilling as you choked on your words. You could hardly breathe. As much as it hurt him, it hurt you.

You opened your eyes tiredly, waking up beside Will and Mike.

"Hey!" Bob greeted him, who frowns, glaring at Bob with a confused look.

"Who is that?" He questioned his mom.

You walked out of the room, not bearing to hear the rest of the conversation. Doctor Owens finally arrived and you lead him into the room. He began to interrogate Will, asking him questions about himself at first.

"Have we met before?" Will took a moment to answer, trying to process the Doctor's face in his head.

"Okay. Do you know who this is?" He pointed to you. You waved at him, giving him a soft smile.

"It's okay, take your time."

You could feel the tears well up in your eyes.

"I'm Y/N L/N. Your girlfriend. Remember when we first met? In the fifth grade, I had just moved here and I didn't know anyone. No one would talk to me, not even the friends I have now. But you came up to me and started making small talk. And we've been best friends ever since," you paused to let out a light chuckle.

"Then, last year, you finally had the courage to ask me out. You took me to the arcade and we played endlessly until they told us they were closing. You walked me home and we stood outside my door until I leaned in and kissed you. It was a messy kiss but I will never forget it. Because I love you so much," you wiped the tears that flowed out as Mrs. Byers pulled you into a hug. Will looked at you with no emotion and you began to cry even harder.

"I could never forget you, Y/N."

Your cries turned into laughter as you smiled at him.

"Don't do that to me again, you scared the shit out of me," you said, earning a grin from him. You knew he was still in there somewhere.