shutterbug part 1

With everything that had been going on lately, it had been hard for you and your friends to find time to be just kids. Finally Eleven had managed to close the gate to the Upside Down and all seemed well, for the time being. You and your friends were happy, and ready to head into high school and support El with her transition into normalcy.

Click! Buzz. You snapped a Polaroid of the six of your friends gathered 'round in Mike's basement as they played D&D. Well, the boys played. You, El, and Max only observed.

"Hey!" Dustin exclaimed, putting an effective pause on their game. "I said, no more pictures. Especially if we don't get to see them when they're developed!" He tried to snatch your camera but, you dodged his hands and laughed.

"Come on Dustin, maybe I just want to commemorate this moment. I'm sure you look great in it anyway."

"You're damned right I look great. Which is why I would like to actually see what you keep hidden away in that photo book of yours."

You got up from the table as you shook the photo, to put away your things. "Not a chance, Henderson. They're for my eyes, and my eyes only."

"Why don't you let us see?" asked Eleven. She never understood why you acted so strange at the mention of them actually seeing your work. "Because, El," whispered Mike, "She thinks they're crappy. Of course, we wouldn't know until we actually saw them." He glared at you and you stuck out your tongue.

"I'm sure your pictures are beautiful, (Y/N)," Will said and smiled