Chapter Roth (Four)

Okay, you may notice the oddity of my nnumbering here as in my other fan fic, I named chapters with Five as the number Chapter 5, but I thought about it. 5 is between Four and Six. What else gets between Four and Six? Veronica Roth. So, yeah, Chapter Roth.

Tris was sick again on the train. I really hoped the theory Caleb had asked me about when we were getting dressed wasn't right. I thought back on the conversation.

I walked into Caleb's room to get dressed after the first completely dreamless sleep I had had in a long time. Caleb was sitting on his bed almost as if he had been waiting for me to walk in.

"What's the matter, Caleb?" I asked. He seemed angry about something. Was it what he had guessed the day before?

Caleb looked me straight in the eye and asked something I hadn't thought of, but made sense with how Tris seemed to be feeling, "Tobias, is Beatrice pregnant?"

"I hope not," I replied shaking my head. "We're transering because of Marcus. I really don't think it would be safe for a Beatrice to go through Dauntless initiation pregnant. No matter what, I would stand by her and protect her, though."

Caleb nodded, "I just figured with how she was sick last night while eating, and what you told me yesterday about, you know.... Um.... I just."

"I understand, Caleb. Now you've got me worrying about it."

Caleb laughed, and we started getting dressed all the while, I wondered, did our actions create a child?

Tris seemed better for the rest of the train ride, but I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been as I was cowering in a corner after seeing that the train tracks sloped higher and higher. I prayed we didn't have to jump at this hight; I didn't think I could do it.

As I crouched by the wall, a Dauntless girl walked over and started laughing at me, "Wow, a pair of Stiffs are joining us, and look at that one cowering like he's afraid of something."

"Leave him alone," Tris growled at the girl, and the boy Tris was talking to earlier, Zeke, walked over and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Shauna," he said gently. "They are my friends. Leave them be."

The girl, Shauna, looked back at Zeke with a look very similar to the one Tris gives me when we we're alone, "Only cause you said so."

Shauna walked away, and Tris and Zeke pulled me up, "You might not want to do much cowering. Especially if you ever meet my little brother. He'll never shut up about it."

I nodded still unsure about being on the train as high as it was off the ground. Tris gave me a quick peck on the lips, oh how nice it was to be able to do that any time instead of holding off until I could be alone with her in her bedroom. We stood there on the train for a while awaiting something, but I didn't know what until Zeke yelled that we needed to get ready to jump. Shit, we were still up pretty high, and I really didn't want Tris jumping. What if she got hurt? What if she is pregnant, and something happens to the baby because of this? I wasn't sure what we'd do, but I couldn't help her getting off.

Too soon, I saw where we were supposed to jump off at, a building that had a lot of Dauntless standing on top. Tris looked determined, and I was scared to death. "How about we jump together?" Tris smiled at me. She always knew how to make me feel better.

When it came time for our train car to make the jump, we launched ourselves out holding hands, and surprisingly, we landed on our feet as we caught each other's balance, then I saw a guy stand on the edge of the building. The guy looked younger than Tori, the girl who did my Aptitude Test, and he had dark skin.