Chapter 3 (Tobias)

She loves me! She loves me! SHE LOVES ME!!!! That was all I could think about until we sat and she asked about the dreams. As soon as the dreams began to change from merely Marcus the monster hurting me to killing Beatrice, I knew that I loved her, but I just wasn't sure if she reciprocated. I planned to eventually say it, but I guess it could be said that I was afraid she would reject me, but after she said those three little words, well FOUR (A/N ;-)) little words if my name is added into the word count, I couldn't not say them back because I knew I loved her too.

When she got me talking about my nightmares, I couldn't stop myself from crying. I was so afraid that Marcus would find out. Afraid that he would hurt her if he found out. I knew he would hurt her just because he would know that hurting her would hurt me worse than actually hiting me. The tears flowed before I could stop them, and Tris decided it was time to head into the house. I agreed because it would be inappropriate for people to be hugging or kissing in public, and her touch was the only thing that was going to ease my pain. As soon as we got through the door and she shut it, I was pulled into one of her comforting hugs, and as soon as I was calmed down, she pulled me into the living room to sit on the sofa.

A little while after we sat down, I gave in to the urge to kiss her which turned into a full out make out session; we didn't usually get the chance to be alone together during the day, and I wanted to make the best use of it as was possible. We didn't hear the door open and close, but I know we both heard the audible throat clearing; Caleb had gotten home.

Tris blushed a deep red, and I was sure my face was the same colour, as she pleaded with her brother, "Caleb, please don't tell mom and dad. Please."

Caleb's face never lost its shocked expression as he nodded, "Only if I get to speeak with Tobias first." He paused and when Tris wouldn't leave the room, he spoke again putting emphasis into his voice, "Alone."

She seemed almost hesitant to leave, but I nodded, and thankfully, it was taken as a sign that it was okay to leave. It was her turn to make dinner anyways, or at least that's what I understood from what she was talking about with Caleb that morning. As soon as she was out of the room, Caleb began speaking.

"How long has this been going on?" he asked obviously angry that he hadn't been told.

I gulped, "We've been secretly dating for the past year."

He sighed and almost seemed nervous about his next question, "Have you two been.... Um, well, what I want to ask is.... Ugh, I can't even say it." I would have laughed, but I knew what he was asking, and I was almost unsure if I should tell the truth or not until he spoke again, and I knew I had no choice, "I've been hearing noises at night after you wake from the nightmares, and well, they aren't what you would usually hear. I was wondering what exactly you two have been doing."

I couldn't tell him it was nothing; he'd catch me in the lie, so I just nodded and asked, "You won't tell, will you? Beatrice and I, we love each other, but we don't want to cause problems right now."

"I won't, but you have to promise me that you will take care of her. Don't ever hurt her unless you want to see me very angry, Tobias. I may not be Dauntless, but I know how to hurt someone if necessary."

"Trust me, Caleb, I would never imagine hurting Beatrice. I would rather kill myself than do anything to hurt her."

Caleb nodded, and I walked into the kitchen to help Tris with the cooking. I wasn't sure if she was feeling any better after her test, and from the looks of her face as she prepared the chicken, I didn't think so.

"Tris, why don't you sit down, and I'll finish up?" I asked her. "I can tell that you're still not felling well."

"I don't know what it is because I was feeling better until I started dinner."

"Just sit down, Tris. You might have just not noticed it earlier, and still be sick from the serum. I'll finish up dinner."

"But...."

I  cut her off, "No buts. You need to rest so that you aren't sick on choosing day."

She sighed and did as I told her. The only problem I had with the thought she was sick was that she never gets sick, never, but I couldn't come up with any other explaination, so she must have had some adverse reaction to the serum, but could it be something else?

So, yeah, what do you think is up? Is Tobias right? Or is it something else? Remember one comment and Four votes before I post the next chapter.