Chapter 9: "If I Let You Go, I Will Never Forgive Myself"

Mr. Snaper started at me with his foot tapping and asked me once again, where I was last week. I had thought of something in my head but my mouth wouldn't say it. One boy in my class named Carson said that he saw me on the news. Good thing he was right up in front because Mr. Snaper couldn't see me kick his leg to shut him up. He shot me a dirty look as I stuck my tongue out at him. He slammed his book down on the table and asked me AGAIN where I was at last week. I said that I was in England visiting the Harry Potter themed cafe. He gave me a dirty look and told me to sit down. He said that we had switched seats and that I was sitting in the front next to guess who! Carson. All during class, he and I had made faces at each other, you know instead of learning. After class was guess what, more classes!! Hooray for me. Life just LOVES me! :(

After school was done, Carson had come up to me and said that I was really nice, cute, and funny. (I AM ALL OF THOSE THINGS) He said that he wanted to get to know better. I said yes and he wanted to "hang out" after school. I didn't know what to say but I kind of liked him too. But I realized that I had liked both boys and girls now. I had turned Bisexual! So I had yes and texted my mom that I was going over to a friend's house to do homework. She said ok and she didn't ask if it was Lily. Once we got to his house, it was like a mansion, it was that huge. His room was huge with cool and awesome things. I tried my best to redraw it.

He also told me that he had a sister named Cassidy and her room was pretty cool too

He also told me that he had a sister named Cassidy and her room was pretty cool too. I wanted that room so badly and his sister was pretty cute too.

I mean who wouldn't want this bedroom?! She was very nice and really funny and smart

I mean who wouldn't want this bedroom?! She was very nice and really funny and smart. I even think we made a connection! After Carson took me into his room and we discussed that we were going to meet each other at the movie theater and go see the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom!!! Even though it technically doesn't come out until June but Carson says he knows people. Or that his dads Bff is Chris Pratt. We agreed that I will go home and get ready and meet each other at his house and walk to the movie theater. I got home and mom was on the phone with tears in her eyes. She got off the phone and I asked her what happened and who was on the phone.

M: It was Frank, Jessica's boyfriend. 

Me: Why was he calling and when did Jess finally ask to date him?

M: Jessica was picking up Mikey to go to the beach when a drunk driver came and struck Jessica head on.

Me: Is she okay?! Is she still alive?

M: Mikey said that she got hit right at the store that Mikey was at. By the time he even got out of the store, all he saw on the ground was a crashed car and a dead, cold, bleeding body on the ground next to the car.

I had tears in my eyes and I ran back to my room and cried into my pillow. I took out my blade and cut myself so much on my arms and legs. When I heard a knock on my door. It was mom, so I had to quickly put away my blade, but she would know cause my legs and arms were bleeding. She had told me that the taxes and mortgages were getting too high and what she was earning from her 5 jobs wasn't cutting it and that Jessica had helped pay. Which meant we had to move. I stood there trying not to think about all the things I was about to leave behind. She told me that I would have to start packing. I decided my life was already horrible enough and that I should just end my life. I thought about my date with Carson and texted him that my mom doesn't want me to walk by myself and she wants you and me to walk together. He agreed and I wrote a note saying, "It's only for the better. Come to Bixby Creek Bridge if you want to see my dead body at the bottom. I love you and this is my final goodbye." As I was writing this, I tried not to cry and I placed it on my bed. Good thing I live close to the bridge, it only was a 12-minute walk. I had my phone in my pocket and my blade too. I decided to take a picture before I died.

As I was about to jump off, I heard somebody running up behind me

C: STOP!!

I turned around and it was Carson. He had run and tried to stop me. But my life was already horrible enough so I just needed to end it. 

Me: What are you doing here?!

C: Stoping you. From killing yourself. 

Me: I deserve to die, and I don't even care if I go to hell. And the SH*T that I have been through just proves to me that it is time. Just go home, and live your life and don't waste your time on mine. 

I kissed him and gave him my phone and blade. But then he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. We fell into the sidewalk and cars stopped and people got out to help us.

Me: Why are you doing this?

C: Because if I let you go, I will never forgive myself. If only I had the courage to ask you out before.

People came and helped us and somebody drove us back home. I kissed him goodnight and went into the house. Mom had been standing there and I ran into her and hugged her.

Me: I should have never done that.