Chapter 19 - Fawn

Fawn enjoyed her time at the biker compound. She met Ash's Wife, Poppy, who was a warm loving woman in her late twenties and had immediately put Fawn at ease. While Fawn wasn't normally very good with strangers, having to cope with the bikers was scary enough but Chase here she had grown more confident. Rider and chase seemed to have warmed up to each other and the two were now firm friends.

Today she was excited because Poppy was taking her shopping to get some more clothes. At first Rider was hesitant, however with some persuading he had given in as long as him and Chase could come along with them.

Fawn was bouncing around on her seat at the bar where Rider was trying to persuade her to eat more if her eggs. Uncle Ted had swung round earlier to do another cheek up. Apparently now she was getting a steady flow of food her metabolism had speed up mean she was now actually lighter than she was when she had arrived. She could no longer get away with her bowls of cereal and now had to start eating proper meals. It was true that Chase used to have to monitor and persuade her to eat. Now Chase was standing behind the bar with while she watched the other bikers in the room trying to avoid the hard stares from him as she ignored her meal.

Hearing the door open she turned to meet rider coming in. Leaping of the stool she ran across the room to him and jumped on him. Rider caught her easily and chuckled at her.

'Morning Bambi' le lent down and whispered in her ear and placing a gentle kiss on the crown of her head. Fawn blushed and buried her face in his shirt mumbling back to him. She had woken up alone today, a note next to her explaining how he had to go down to the garage for a bit and how sorry he was for not being there when she woke up.

'Have you eaten breakfast yet?' he asked her seriously

'Yes....' she told him, avoiding eye contact.

'Well that's a lie' Chases voice said from over her shoulder.

'She barley ate three spoonsful of her eggs!' he told Rider exasperated. Rider frowned down at Fawn who was busy ignoring him by scrutinizing a bit of thread on her sleeve, dodging the two bikers stares she could feel burning through her skull

'Fawn, you need to eat more' Rider told her turning her head to face him. She stared up at him and flinched under his hard stare. Rider, realising her wariness, softened his expressions and carried her back to her abandoned eggs.

It's not like Fawn didn't wanted to eat the eggs. They were amazing, Wielder who turned out to be quite a cook had made them for her, it had riled Smokey and in as they pleaded Wilder to make them eggs as well as the bikers diet mainly consisted of their own terrible cooking or take out. Wielder had sent them on their way after they kept trying to pinch his cooking.

Fawn found it nice to finally have a home cooked meal for once. She could relate to the bikers - the only meal she ever which was only is she had money to spar, which didn't happen very often, was a measly take out from some dodgy motel.

After sating Rider and Chase by eating more her eggs, Fawn heard the unmistakable sound of Poppy's bug coming up the driveway. Her yellow bug was on its last knees which was ironic considering Ash kept trying to get Poppy to let him fix it but she was having none of it. The arguments the two had were very entertaining to watch. Fawn jumped of the Rider's lap and prepared to run out side to greet her friend when strong and arms encircled her wait and tugged her back into a hard chest.

'Calm down, Bambi' Riders voice cooed softly in her ear making her toes curl in her socks.

'I know you want to see your friend but for Christ sake put some shoes on, I don't want your feet getting all torn up again,' he told her, his voice becoming cooler at the end and his jaw clenching as he thought back to the events that had led to him finding her.

Still bouncing with excitement at Poppies arrival. Fawn promised him she would put her shoes on and with a kiss on her forehead he begrudgingly let her go. Fawn raced to the door where Poppy's old trainers lay waiting for her. Slipping them on she raced out the door, Chase and Rider behind her.

She couldn't help but emit a happy squeal when she saw the fiery red head exit her battered car. Fawn raced to the driver's side of the car and hoped about on the spot. Poppy simply laughed and shoot her a shit eating grin. Poppy was dressed in

'Ready to go?' she asked. Fawn nodded and raced round to the passenger side door jumping in. Poppy preceded to jump in the driver's side door. Winking at her, Poppy swung the yellow car found and charged out of the drive. Fawn looked behind her to see Rider, Ash and Chase cursing as they ran to their bikes. Fawn giggled as they sped out the drive way.

No more than 3 minutes later the phone Rider had replaced Chase's burner one with began buzzing. Biting her lip as she smiled she answered it.

'Pull over' Rider's angry voice bit out. Fawn decided to play dumb, having too much fun to stop now.

'Hello?' she said in an innocent voice 'Who is this?'

'Bambi!' Rider groaned 'Pull over now, we're not far behind you'. Deciding to ignore his command she asked a question.

'How are you ringing me if you are on your bike?" she asked genially bewildered.

'I have a Bluetooth head set' he told her 'Now pull over!'. Fawn but her lip as she decided what to do. Poppy, sensing her hesitance, grabbed her phone and told Rider to 'chill out'. Fawn winced as she heard shouting on the phone but it only caused Poppy's grin to grown.

'She's fine with me, now get your head out your arse and pipe down' she told him before hanging up glancing over at Fawn.

'He said he'd meet us there' she told her smirking

I'm back guys!! - comment what your guys want to see!!!

- kiki the Kiwi - the best kiwi in the world 🥝